Molalla River Steelhead

M
Merle
What is the best time of the year best Lurers and baits (if allowed) to use? What are some of the do's and don'ts ?:D:think:

B
BobberDown
well i know that it is an al native fishery and it is cauch and release no bait alowed other than that i think it is a little later run thats about al i know about the molalla

A
ArcticAmoeba
You can kill non-adi clipped Steelhead in the Summer months, from early, or mid-July, into the end of August. Check the regs. to get specific dates, but I know bait is allowed from May 15th to July 15th. And they do dump in clipped Chinook for harvest the entire year, but they show up in numbers in the Summer, and into the early Fall. We catch the Winters on small Hotshots, and rollin spinners from the bank, the Summer brings bait, and I like cured eggs, and Coon Chrimp. I also got into a few really nice Chinook on red Prawns last Summer. First time I fished cured Prawns on that river, and I killed it for a couple weeks solid.

A
adambomb
regs question

regs question

ok, so in the regs for the molalla river, they refer to the Pine Creek bridge. I cannot for the life of me find this bridge. Is it the first one you come to after crossing the Glen Avon bridge? or is it the second one before you get to Horse Creek? I really need to know because i am going to catch a steelhead this weekend;) and this bridge is the fishing boundary so it seems.

H
hendrixfan
The only Pine Creek I have been able to find is at approx N45 0.90 W122 28.94. That puts it down almost due east of Silverton. Good luck!