Metolious kokanee/bigbulltrout anyone

Diehard
Diehard
hey anyone out there looking for a great week/wkend getaway should look in to perry south campground on the metolious arm of lake billy chinnook now i just visited a article on the steelhead forum about people not doing enough sharing and i thought i would share a very special place of "my own" it in my opinion is probably one of the greatest kokanee fisherys around i found this little gem of a campground one year quite a few years back while deer huntn with my wife there are massive populations of kokanee and quite a few bull trout pushing the thirty inch mark my bigest was a 28 inch fish any ways from the first wkend i spent up there and for the next several yrs i couldnt wrench myself away from this kokanee haven the fish average about 12/16 inches tent sites rv sites and your own pesonal moorage take hwy 26 over mt. hood to madras and follow the cove pallisades signs p.s. you need a indian tribal permit jigs wedding ring spinners and some green giant shoepeg corn in a can happy fishing and good luck. :clap:

Reactions: Troutski
Irishrover
Irishrover
That's a great place. I've camped there a couple of time but I haven't been there since the forest fire a couple of years ago. Did it get to the campground? The boat dock is a nice touch. We put the boat in at the cove and motor over to the campground rather than bounce the boat over on that washboard road. One of my sons would get stuck driving the camper over. You sure are right about the fish, did a lot of C&R on the bull trout over there. Might have to get back over there again. Thanks for sharing

G
Griz
Great Place to go fishing! We saw Bald Eagles,Elk and Deer on the bank while we was fishing and it is really is a beautiful place. The fishing was a lot of fun with the Kokanee size some of the best I have ever seen and the Bull Trout are fun to C&R. Do not forget to get your Tribal permitt when you go fishing over there and remember the limit is 5 kokes per day. Have fun!

Troutski
Troutski
Big Thanks...

Big Thanks...

I agree with you on the lake and the fishery, very kind of you to share you local spot with us. You have already been rewarded with your kindness...:clap::clap::clap:
I spent a few days last year with Fish-on-bend on that lake and the scenery alone is worth the trip. Thanks again..

Chuck

M
mruglystick
Cove is an awsome place for kokanee, also a buetiful place for camping. Havent been there for maybe seven eight years, but caught lots of bass, only one kokanee on a buzz bomb (orange). I caught lots of kokanee and rainbows out of galesville reservoir trolling, although all the kokanee where undersized still lots of fun. Does anyone know if its any good this time of the year at galesville?

H
Hawk
mruglystick said:
Cove is an awsome place for kokanee, also a buetiful place for camping. Havent been there for maybe seven eight years, but caught lots of bass, only one kokanee on a buzz bomb (orange). I caught lots of kokanee and rainbows out of galesville reservoir trolling, although all the kokanee where undersized still lots of fun. Does anyone know if its any good this time of the year at galesville?

don't mess wit galesville ,,,,,son...................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Diehard
Diehard
galesville

galesville

it is probably a little for galesville normaly depent on the water and time of year.May through the end of june is going to be you'r best months.Little before a little after you get goooood fresh fish:think: