Mciver report

I was up at Mciver yesterday.
started below Dog Creek and walked my way up to the dam tossing spinners and drifting eggs.
I was there from 6:30 till sundown.
first time I have ever had the Dog Creek by myself. (I should have aborted when I saw it was empty)

only folks I saw were a couple people fishing in the rapids just below the upper boat ramp and a fly fisherman just above the ramp.

lots of active fish, but sadly they were all tiny.
caught a few trout, but nothing exciting.

didn't see any large fish.

went down just below Carver and ended up catching a small (7in) rainbow and decided to call it a day.

I like fishing on the Clac, but there doesn't seem to be that many fish in the system yet.

nothing compared to the Kalama...

Sadly I have spent too many days being skunked to give up now
spent a lil cash too haha

I was getting a bit discouraged, but then I caught a fish a few weeks back and it sucked me back in

hoping my first attempt at the winter run will produce more then the summer did

Don't shoot for the winter runs yet these runs aren't over the ho's are making their way in.

i dont like the combat fishing for cohos so last year waited till the fish were all pushed up and killed at mciver by the creek.. atleast 6 fish days in 3 to 4 hours.. but that was last year.. but imma give it a try this year too..

I was at McIver yesterday didn't have much luck either, I hooked 1 but lost it and then I pulled up 10lbs of line and gear... not 10lb line but 10lbs of it. I think i cleaned out the river or atleast the area in front of dog creek.

Top Bottom