mciver park

B

bigair42385

anyone been there for steelhead and coho? ive been there once, didn't have any luck, but there were like 10 other people there so i dunno if i was in the right spot. where there is the best spot? and what do u use for bait?

V

VagrantAngler

It's crowded...really, really crowded. I was up there monday and it wasn't too bad but most of the time I go there are way to many people. Really early or late is the time to be up there.
If you do go be prepared for the floss fest. Also bring a spare garbage bag to pack out some of the crap that rude folk left behind. I take some out every time I go. Don't worry I left some for you.

B

bigair42385

It's crowded...really, really crowded. I was up there monday and it wasn't too bad but most of the time I go there are way to many people. Really early or late is the time to be up there.
If you do go be prepared for the floss fest. Also bring a spare garbage bag to pack out some of the crap that rude folk left behind. I take some out every time I go. Don't worry I left some for you.

didn't really answer my questions buddy

V

VagrantAngler

Go with small OFFerings and darker colors. Bobber and jigs work ok in the pool where Dog creek flows in. I've been doing decent with #14 corkies in glitter cerise or disco ball (black glitter) with that new tinsle glo bug yarn drk pink. I've been using that krill/ anise scent as well.

Should point out that I blanked on monday. Although I did get to test the new rod.

O

osmosis

the black with large glitter has been called micheal jackson for years. the small glitter is called liberache.
Both the flats by the lower boat ramp, and the dog creek hole are the main places people go. if you have 20 people trying to snag fish around you, then you are in the dog creek hole.

corkies, nymphs, yarn, shrimp, eggs, spinners, jigs.

do some reading in the steelhead area of this forum every question you have asked has been covered at one time or another.

V

VagrantAngler

The ones I've been using are the liberache's I guess:D

I took my buddy from work out there last thursday to prove you don't need to snag em to catch em. hooked into a nice little 6lber using a slightly shorter than 3' leader and the glitter cerise cork in #14.
Have to say I love that new glitter glo bug yarn:clap:

Top Bottom