Long time, no post...

Y
Yohan
So I've taken a little hiatus from this site (and unfortunately fishing as well) because I've had a pretty busy last 6 months. I had to put my fishing buddy down (my lab) :(, I got married, I moved to Denver, and I started a Doctorate of Physical Therapy program!

Now that life has finally slowed down a bit (besides school) I finally got back into the game and all is right with the world. For my first outing in CO I decided to hit the tailwaters of the Arkansas. It was a pretty good day: landed 7 (2 on dries, BWO) and missed about 4 more. All fish caught on size #18-#24 midges and BWO's.

Here's a few pics from today

IMGP0986_2.jpg

IMGP0992_2.jpg

IMGP0985.jpg

IMGP0991.jpg

IMGP0990.jpg

brandon4455
brandon4455
good to hear from you..sorry about the dog and congrats on getting married. also congrats on that fish in the top pic..it doesn't get much better then that..beautiful trout

H
halibuthitman
Hey there! missed you around here, good to see your still near some great fishing!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good to hear from you again. Love the pics, send more...

A
alm21
Welcome back, sorry about your fish'n bud. Some great pics, cool look'n river and some stout fish!

Y
Yohan
Thanks guys (and gal!). The conditions were perfect, a little overcast (which doesn't happen much here) and it warmed up just enough in the afternoon for the BWO to hatch, so the fish were real active. I would have been pleased with that day in the spring, let alone January!

We are enjoying it here in CO, but we do miss the NW sometimes (me especially when I read about how good the winter steel season is this year!) and we'll be back in about 3 years. But for now I'm going to take advantage of the Rockies and fish, ski, bike, hike, etc. as much as possible!

Btw HH, keep up the good work on the blog, I really enjoy reading it. It brings a different angle and perspective then what is normally out there. I especially liked the Purist post. Anyways, have fun catching your steel and good luck with the boat!

Reactions: chrisohm
troutdude
troutdude
Welcome back from the dark side fellow Jedi. It appears as though the force was with you. :)

Those 'bows have got to be "planter redsides" from the Deschutes! :rolleyes: What awesome stripes!!! That's a beautiful river too.

Have fun in them thar mountains. We'll look forward to more posts.

B
bigsteel
good to se eyou back,great pics man

Reactions: OnTheFly