Little Nestucca trout

F
frontierhistorian
Anyone fish Little Nestucca for trout? Any advice? It looks like a lot of it runs through private property, so there are access issues, but looks like a lovely trout stream.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Try parking at the Nestucca count park GL Tony 10%er

Reactions: troutdude and Diehard
C_Run
C_Run
I've only fished it for steelhead . It's about 9 or 10 miles long with lots of private property. Even though landowners have continued to post some more good spots, there is enough access to keep you busy for a day. Just look for parking along the road that is not posted. I'd consider tidewater right now, too, although I can only think of three spots where it's accessible on foot and the boat ramp now costs $10. I had some good success on cutts last week on a different river in the tidal portion but that was with a kayak and hardware.

Reactions: frontierhistorian and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
^^^What they said above. It's a beautiful stream. Or at least it was when my Paternal grandparents had a home on that river, in the mid 70's. We shared a shack with one of their neighbors, for winter salmon plunking. And also fished it for steelhead. We never targeted any trout--but I'd bet that not many do. So it may be surprisingly good for trout angling.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Too shallow for a boat 200yds up stream from the boat ramp by 101 bridge. Drive up to Stella Falls and work ur way back to hwy 101. Tony 10%er

F
frontierhistorian
Casting Call said:
Too shallow for a boat 200yds up stream from the boat ramp by 101 bridge. Drive up to Stella Falls and work ur way back to hwy 101. Tony 10%er
No worries for me -- I'll be on foot (in waders).

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
Did well there last year at the Little Nestucca boat ramp, fishing with the tides...this year, not so much.

LN Searun03.jpg

Reactions: frontierhistorian, Admin, Casting Call and 1 other person
Casting Call
Casting Call
No_Bad_Skunks said:
Did well there last year at the Little Nestucca boat ramp, fishing with the tides...this year,
Wow I thought that you might be one of locals that did a pinky swear, not to give the exact location (BOAT RAMP) :confused: just the river. Remember Y'all that it cost $10.00 to park/launch there. OY'vay!!! Tony 10%er

D
Davpot
I used to fly fish it in the 90s. It was a very beautiful and productive time😉 its definitely a C/R option🤩