license

F
fishtales
Has anyone else ever made a rash decision only to changes their mind later on??

Well I went I just got back from getting a shell fish license and not a fishing license… I literally stood there at the counter and decided it is way to expensive to fish in this state.

I’ll probably regret it later on. As is stands right now I’m taking a year off. I’ll still enjoy reading the reports, and I will post shellfish reports but that’s it. Go get them… more fish to catch now.

B
BobbiDollPDX
I've had my 2011 tags since December 11th and haven't fished once on them. I don't regret buying them at all. In fact, I might just get out for awhile on Sunday.

A
Amberjack
fishtales said:

Well I went I just got back from getting a shell fish license and not a fishing license… I literally stood there at the counter and decided it is way to expensive to fish in this state.

I’ll probably regret it later on. As is stands right now I’m taking a year off. I’ll still enjoy reading the reports, and I will post shellfish reports but that’s it. Go get them… more fish to catch now.

Please tell me you are joking. The prices for licenses are very reasonable. There is another discussion on this board concerning this.

S
SantiamDrifter
It would take a lot more money to keep me off the river. Course I've been obessesed for over 15 years now. With all the money I spend on line/hooks/bait/jigs/yarn aannnndddd everything else I use, the license is pretty cheap.

F
fishtales
ok I will check the other discussion. I did feel like I got a pretty good deal with the shelfish. :)

F
fishtales
Yeah, gear is expensive. I kept all the rappers from last year in with my fishing stuff and it reminded me even more how expensive it is.

J
JeannaJigs
Addictions aren't cheap...at least fishing is legal.

M
Moe
Man it is so worth the license, I have gone out three times this year and I am headed out again in 15 minutes.

J
JeannaJigs
Really is inexpensive compared to other things. I figure I fish an average of 80 days a year. When you divide the license and tag by 80 it's not much. Now you want to talk expensive...let's talk about the money I spend on gas those 80 days of the year.

I guess it all comes down to what is it that you care about. If fishing isn't your thing then I'd recommend not spending the money on a tag. Myself personally, fishing keeps me sane. It is my therapy. Without it, I would injure people. So I throw a ton of money into it, because it's what I love.

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
fishtales said:

I think if you are upset that what you are doing is the right thing, a year without fishing will help you come up with an idea of how important it is to you.. mabe its not, mabe it is.... I guess you will work it out in time, I wish you luck on your vision quest.

F
fishindude
My license is the least of my expenses for fishing season;):cool: