Leaving

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I may or will be leaving all of you. I may put something on for a while but in general I am pretty much done. Having to sell my sweetheart and with her gone not much reason to get out anymore. I hate to sell her but I cannot handle her anymore. As one person put it " I am not ready to sell her but have no choice. Sometimes it is hard. It has been fun. Later DLC

• Sad
Reactions: troutdude
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you move on to find peace and happiness.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I know the feeling. Hated to sell my offshore boat but it was the the right thing to do. Life does have it's many chapters. Best of luck to you in yours.

G
Gulfstream
THANKS FOR THE 411 YOU SHARED WITH ME. Good luck

• Love
Troutski
Troutski
I feel for you, I am doing the same thing this Spring.. Find another less physical love.

Chuck

• Sad
Reactions: NKlamerus and troutdude
jamisonace
jamisonace
It's unfortunate that you have to give up something you love. I watched it happen in slow motion with my parents over a few years until they died. Is it an option to keep the boat and have someone else run it for you and take you fishing? Your post was a little cryptic but I'm assuming you're selling your boat.

I don't mean for this to be a morbid post but taking care of my parents for 5 years until about 18 months ago has me considering my own mortality. I hope I'm fishing until the day I move on to the eternal salmon season but I figure it's going to take some help at some point. Hopefully in 30 years or so there will be someone in my life that will run my boats and I can teach them some things I've learned over the years. Although, the other very real possibility is that there won't be any salmon or steelhead left in 30 years. Maybe I should just quit now, take up golfing and save myself the heartache. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: NKlamerus and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Sorry to hear that DLC. I, too, assume that you're selling your fishing vessel. I regret not being able to come down, and learn your Gem Lake tactics!

Happy trails to you and I hope that you find someone who loves her, as much as you do.

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
Well I get to enjoy fires like this for roasting things

• 1637632788995.png
D
Diamond Lake Charlie
Thanks guys I really appreciate the kind feelings, just to let you know my baby sets in a shop when not use. I do have one problem though, in the spring I start getting dirty looks when I don't take her/him out for fishing

• Haha