Leaburg Res is low

jamisonace
jamisonace
Is anyone else surprised that it's taking them so long to fix it?

F
flocaster
i never would have thought there would be such a large silt "island" in that location but like Troutski said it is some awesome info for later this year

troutdude
troutdude
Troutski said:
Thanks for the link, nice video to use for for further reference when the lake is full again.. Thanks again...

Chuck

LOL! That's exactly what I thought too Chuck. Proof once again that, great fishing minds think alike!

Tight lineski's,

Jay

hobster
hobster
jamisonace said:
Is anyone else surprised that it's taking them so long to fix it?

Yeah, been a while. There are 3 gates, one was being fixed since last summer and another went down when we had that big rain last month. Only one is functioning now and they left it open to take no chances of it also failing. Thats why the lake is so low. Looks pretty weird, i guess one of the gates will be fixed soon. Hope the hatchery will be ok, that drunk trucker who spilled 11,000 salmon on the road was moving fish from Leaburg.

G
grampa ron
Is it open for fishing?

troutdude
troutdude
No. Not until April 25th.

F
fishingduck
EWEB wants to remove the silt in front of the fish ladder making for easier access and better fishing off the bank. Some idiot said there was DDT in the soil. A sample would take three months. Once again a good idea is ruined because of one persons misinformation. All it took was for one person to just mention it, not have any proof, no solid evidence just a wild thought in their head and the whole project shut down. People need to mind their own business unless they really know what they are talking about. DDT has not been used in nearly 30 years. Gate #2 back up and running. Water level should be back to normal in a few days.

E
eugene1
Cool to see what is normally under the water.

Thanks, td!

troutdude
troutdude
Most welcome.