Jealous much?? Cont.

H
HereFishy
Before anyone mentions it... I know I shouldn't have taken it out of the water.. My buddy WOULD NOT stop egging me on to pose for a picture.. Usually, if I know it's to be released, I'll stand knee deep in the water with my hemostats and the fish is out of the water for only a few seconds. So to all the purists and conservationists out there; Sorry.. Here's the picture I was content with..

• image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 183
GungasUncle
I caught one about that size on an ultra light trout rod fishing worms for bass a few years ago. Was fun fight for a couple minutes.

H
HereFishy
This guy (or girl.. Not sure how to sex a white sturgeon), just sat there.. Twice when I was "fighting" it, I had to stop reeling just to make sure it was a fish I was landing and not a stick off of the bottom.. Only when it was about 15 feet from shore did it START to put up a fight.. I think I heard somewhere that the low current flow is really messing with the sturgeon right now.. Come to think of it.. I think it was a thread on this forum..

Raincatcher
As long as you released it and it swam away, it should be okay. But, next time man up to your buddy and educate him on the right way to treat the fish. :think: Just sayin'...

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
That is by far the cutest little sturgeon I've ever seen and cutest is not in my vocabulary. I just had to describe your fish that way.

Sturgeon are hardy fish much like catfish. Unlike trout, they can survive out of water for some time.