Is this you?

A
alm21
Hit the Wilson yesterday with my two kids in attempt to get ahead of the incoming storm. Interesting to see how different sections of the river looked blown out while others were crystal clear or really nice color (didn't seem logcial as the lower river looked better than the middle). We stopped at the Guide Shop to see what was going on and as we walked down, someone was fitting a Nook. I decided to take a couple pics to see if I could get a good action shot. They guy landed the fish, which was a good looking 20lbr. I didn't take a pic so this may be anticlimactic but I know I wouldn't necessarily want random people taking pics of me (especially posting them on the web) but I thought these pics were harmless. :)

After checking the Guide Shop out, we drove over to the Kilchis for recon as I've never been there. We didn't fish but the river looked good and there was a group fishing the bend where the boat launch/bridge is at (don't know name). We encountered some deer/elk carcasses left on the roadside by hunters. What is up with that? I'm not a hunter but I'm assuming that's not legal. :think:

BTW, we didn't get any Nook but caught one cutthroat and big Coho hen higher up the river. I could've tripped over the Ho as it hit my lure about 4ft in front of me. Probably the fastest C&R of a salmon for me. Late in the day, you could literally watch the river rise in front of you.

So, is this an OFF member?

GuideHole3.jpg
GuideHole1.jpg
GuideHole2.jpg

Reactions: OnTheFly
N
nwkiller
awesome shots

H
halibuthitman
thats not the prettiest rod work ive seen either... but he certainly managed to get a fish on the business end of it! the kilches fishes best from that bridge down to the bay.. but there is some great water up by the second bridge on logger road-

G
GDBrown
Yah, I think the Kilches will be the place to go on Saturday or Sunday if the water drops like it's forecast.

H
halibuthitman
man that thing has shoulders...

A
alm21
Well there you go, closure! Very cool. So, hanapaa808, was that you or are you just really good at connecting the dots?

H
hanapaa808
haha means i got too much time on my hands!

take it easy bruddah!

A
alm21
hanapaa808 said:
haha means i got too much time on my hands!

take it easy bruddah!

Well done, mahalo! :clap: Funny coincidence that he posted his catch and the connection was made.

B
beaverfan
alm21 said:
Well done, mahalo! :clap: Funny coincidence that he posted his catch and the connection was made.

I read his report on Ifish before I read yours here, I still didn't put em together. LOL

A
alm21
beaverfan said:
I read his report on Ifish before I read yours here, I still didn't put em together. LOL

Yeah, how did hanapaa808 figure it out? What was the clue? :think: