Is this a bad year for bass?

T
todd
is anyone else thinking this year is worse then the last few years. every lake i go to i get lucky just to catch 1 or 2. last two years 10 to 20 bass days were easy. maybe its just me

P
PARTYBOY
Ya i have noticed a decline in bites and fish this year...i think it has a lot to do with our long wet spring and not tons of sun...weather can really screw it all up

U
UGLYSTICKER
i hope its not a bad year for bass but it might be a off year for them. caught one by accident on a half a crawler and black corky 2 months ago. i'll see how i do after i get burned out on planters.

S
sherman
No it's not just you I just got home from Lake Selmac & I had one on & lost it & two misses.

B
Big3d
It's AWFUL this year I couldn't even sight fish a LM I saw at crane from 2 feet away. they just don't bite like they used to. here's hopin' for next years will be that much better for all the ones we couldn't catch in 2011

T
todd
im still hopping they turn on here soon. iv been to 5 lakes in the last tow weeks and 3 fish day is the best i got most were o. fustrating

F
Finneus Polebender
todd said:
im still hopping they turn on here soon. iv been to 5 lakes in the last tow weeks and 3 fish day is the best i got most were o. fustrating

Been very slow this year so far , have had only a few multiple fish days. Hoping for a long warm end of summer for some better action this fall.

T
tomriker
i don't know what you guys are talking about, fishing has been GREAT in my neck of the woods

G
gloomis85
Its been extremely slow for me I've been putting in work at Tenmile Lake only a couple fish a day glad to hear im not the only one doing a whole lot of fishing but not much catching

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
i don't know what you guys are talking about, fishing has been GREAT in my neck of the woods

" speaking of my few multiple fish days" LOL

S
sherman
tomriker said:

Yea but I heard you drained the pond. So instead of 1500 acres it's now 15 acres & you have all the bass cornnered. :lol:

T
tomriker
oh come on, dont give away my secrets sherman!

B
bassboy
So far this has been my best year for bass ever. This cloudy cool days have had the largemouth fishing off the hook. I had a 20+ pound bag at cottage grove two weeks ago and the columbia has just been on fire all year (when it has been fishable). I have also had good success dragging big worms for smallies on the willamette too. The fishing has been a little tough but once you get on a pattern the fish really, really bite well.

C
colbypearson
last couple trips between two people we have had some 50-80 fish days with some pushing 3,4,5lbs... public water it finally busted open it just slowed down due to heat though we had an EPIC window there for a few weeks.

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
last couple trips between two people we have had some 50-80 fish days with some pushing 3,4,5lbs... public water it finally busted open it just slowed down due to heat though we had an EPIC window there for a few weeks.

Good news maybe things will heat up here again soon ,and our window will open up a bit!