In need of a fishin buddy

J
jd15
man i want to get out more but its just no fun by myself let me know if you to are looking for a fishing buddie

D
deadnbrkn84
jd15 said:
man i want to get out more but its just no fun by myself let me know if you to are looking for a fishing buddie

I need one to but you're a little far from me!

F
flocaster
Same here, good luck though. It's always nice to have some good company.....as long as they don't skunk ya! LOL

madasahab
madasahab
jd15 said:

I am always down for some company and sharing ideas and spots...I go like every weekend and during the week sometimes in winter...fish on!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
i

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
brandon4455 said:
ill buy the corkies and tie the 9ft leaders if you pay for gas!!!!! :cool:

I know you guys think this kid is a flosser, but don't you think maybe you should offer him an educated fishing trip? Maybe that's what he really needs. Maybe he needs to fish with someone with the passion like yours Brandon. Isn't that better than accusing him of flossing?

Reactions: wozniasm
J
jd15
i dont ****ing use 9ft leaders god damn!!!!, and i AM NOT A FLOSSER!!!!

brandon4455 said:
ill buy the corkies and tie the 9ft leaders if you pay for gas!!!!! :cool:

brandon4455
brandon4455
TTFishon said:
I know you guys think this kid is a flosser, but don't you think maybe you should offer him an educated fishing trip? Maybe that's what he really needs. Maybe he needs to fish with someone with the passion like yours Brandon. Isn't that better than accusing him of flossing?

h

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
brandon4455 said:
he seems pretty set on his ways and not willing to admit his mistakes, otherwise i would offer him every bit of knowledge i possess and would be glad to teach him what i know. ive actually helped a few "flossers" learn how to fish before and i enjoy doing it, but i can't help somebody that doesn't want help,it's just like trying to get a drug addict to go to rehab. ya know what i mean?

Maybe he doesn't realize his mistakes as you see them. Just sayin'

J
jd15
ok fine ill listen to what you have to say, and maybe you can help me realize what im doing wrong then

brandon4455 said:
he seems pretty set on his ways and not willing to admit his mistakes, otherwise i would offer him every bit of knowledge i possess and would be glad to teach him what i know. ive actually helped a few "flossers" learn how to fish before and i enjoy doing it, but i can't help somebody that doesn't want help,it's just like trying to get a drug addict to go to rehab. ya know what i mean?

brandon4455
brandon4455
w

Last edited:
H
hcole
jd15 said:
ok fine ill listen to what you have to say, and maybe you can help me realize what im doing wrong then

Don't worry about Brandon, he's forgot that it wasn't that long ago that he was the young guy here looking for knowledge and fishing buddies. I thought he wanted to make difference but it seems being smug is his agenda now.

I don't know whether you're out snagging fish or not, but I do know there are a lot of snaggers out there who don't have a problem with how they fish And are willing to OFFer "help" to others. If you and friends went 1 for 14 I'd guess you're foul hooking fish, intentionally or other wise. Not to mention a 15 lb'er might feel like a 50 lb'er if you're reeling that sucker in sideways. There's a lot of information here and if you're willing to soak it up you'll learn a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: FishNinja
S
SeanC
TTFishon said:

I tried to pm you so I don't hijack this thred with questions but you need to clean out your box so you can receive new messages.

T
TTFishon
SeanC said:
I tried to pm you so I don't hijack this thred with questions but you need to clean out your box so you can receive new messages.

Done.

F
flocaster
It's nice to see that at least a few people would rather try to "convert" the alleged flosser rather than just condemn him. when I first started salmon fishing on the rogue, "flossing" was the technique I was taught & everywhere you went that was what you saw 90% of the bank fisherman doing (the other 10% were tossing spinners or flinging flies). I have since then learned more appropriate techniques & don't fish that way anymore. My point being that even if he is flossing, maybe its the only way he knows. I'd hate to see an up & comer to our sport give it up because he feels attacked. Guess I'm trying to say: there's nothing wrong with saying how you feel but there's no need to do it in a confrontational way.

....just my 2 cents

Reactions: SeanC and waco
S
SeanC
I've seen a few threads about the flossing. But not a lot of help with regard to other methods. Just more attacks than anything else. It might help to actually show people how to do things right. Some people on this forum are cool and really have a desire to help. Others, not so much. Keep in mind that those that are new to fishing the rivers might be honestly trying to do things right. But finding a location and "Learning" how to fish it can make all the difference in the world. I have tried different places myself and attempted various methods. It might have been slow days, but I still had trouble. Until you hook up using different methods you just dont know if you are doing things right. And believe it or not, but it seems tough to find people to fish with that are willing to help teach. Kinda sad I think. I have always been willing to share knowlege as I see that teaching people the right way to do things only improves the sport and prevents poachers and abuse of the fish. I'm not attacking anyone here, just adding my two cents.

Reactions: DYJ and waco
N
nativefish
SeanC said:
I've seen a few threads about the flossing. But not a lot of help with regard to other methods. Just more attacks than anything else. It might help to actually show people how to do things right. Some people on this forum are cool and really have a desire to help. Others, not so much. Keep in mind that those that are new to fishing the rivers might be honestly trying to do things right. But finding a location and "Learning" how to fish it can make all the difference in the world. I have tried different places myself and attempted various methods. It might have been slow days, but I still had trouble. Until you hook up using different methods you just dont know if you are doing things right. And believe it or not, but it seems tough to find people to fish with that are willing to help teach. Kinda sad I think. I have always been willing to share knowlege as I see that teaching people the right way to do things only improves the sport and prevents poachers and abuse of the fish. I'm not attacking anyone here, just adding my two cents.

people seem to have forgotten the stupid stuff they did when they were just learning how to fish... at least they are out fishing not flexing on the internet.