im going to california

brandon4455
brandon4455
im going to california starting tomorrow morning. my dad is taking me on the truck with him down to LA . so i thought.. why not take my rod with me? we will be stopping somwhere between the town of weed and redding the first day and then around central cali around the grape vine for second. does anyone know of spots at truck stops orother areas not too far off i-5 to fish for anything? like parks/rest areas thanks for any input and ill see you guys /girls in around 5-6 days . my 8wt should be here by then :D followed by my 5wt

:dance: can someone move this to fishing outside oregon? sorry i'm retarded LOL

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Theres a Pilot in Central Point and the expo ponds are in walking distance. Stocked trout and big bass. big carp too.

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks shane, ill bring some bread and a rod, ill see if dad can stop for half an hour, unfortunately i can't take pics (lost my camera on the last fishing trip)

T
Throbbit _Shane
If you end up fishing there u might see colby out there on his toon. thats his home waters lol.

if u want more info let me know.

E
eightweight
Theres some good water on the Sac around redding through redbluff that has trout and a few stripers in it...If your looking at the expo ponds in Sacramento the American can fish for stripers and the few steelies that run it up to nimbus dam....Further south if your taking I-5 all the way down is the California aqua canal and thats got cats and stripers moving through it and a number of rest stops to pull off and throw something for a little while...

P
Phil_Bud
Nice Brandon! Sounds like ur going to shasta lake the first day. Too bad you can't stop on the Klamath River it is prime right now for steelies. After that theres the sacramento river...IDK what ud catch in there...On the freeway after redding watch for small ponds and bodies of water all the way to sanfransisco...theres some good fishing there too. I haven't drove past SF but I know You should bust out the bass gear after that. all warm water fish pretty much...there is some small steams and rivers and stuff but IDK the regs. You could definitly be in the fish tho...But if I was you I'd fish in oregon as much as I could...Garuenteed catch more fishin through oregon then you would california...steelhead and trout anyways.
Down in LA bass are bitin already..
DEFINITLY DO SOME RESEACH BUD....but most importantly post ur pics on our CALAGORNIANS group.
Good luck!

troutdude
troutdude
Brandon, did you get yourself an out-of-state Californy fishing license?

P
Phil_Bud
troutdude said:
Brandon, did you get yourself an out-of-state Californy fishing license?

Well if he did he's gunna need a whole tacklebox to put it in...lol.. the way they do licences down there is crazy this year...the licence, salmon, and steelhead tag all together is probably 7 feet in length...Crazy..you gotta write down how many hours you fish and eveything...even if you dont get one...I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS JUST THOUGHT IT WAS INTERESTING.

H
Hawk
Brandon, on I-5 by Stockton is the Delta. You could stop at a bait store to find fishin' holes.

By Tracy is the beginning of the California Aquaduct concrete canal & the Delta/Mendota concrete canal. Both have Striped Bass & Catfish. My favorite bait was Pileworms.

By Santa Nella are both canals & the San Luis Reservoir Forebay. In 1989 a guy caught a 66lb + Striper in the forebay.

Best of Luck on your Adventure Bro.
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool:

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks so much for the help everyone, i make these trips every once in awhile with my dad so knowing these places is key for me, and buy the cali liscense is going to suck nuts LOL. again thanks for the help i really appriciate it :D