Ignition Switch

T

TTFishon

I need to by a new ignition switch for an old boat. Does anyone happen to have a link to a reputable website that sells them?

C

cavdad45

Any boat shop should have after markets if its a dash type switch. If its wired to the control handle then find a dealer that sells the make of your outboard.

T

TTFishon

Any boat shop should have after markets if its a dash type switch. If its wired to the control handle then find a dealer that sells the make of your outboard.

Thanks. I'd rather buy it from a boat shop or dealer anyway.

K

kornphlake

I'm not sure what kind of switch you are looking for explicitly, but any auto parts store will have a dozen different ignition switches on hand. If you're up to the challenge of fabricating some kind of mount, or modifying the existing switch mount you might be able to save a bit of money by using a generic automotive switch.

T

TTFishon

I'm not sure what kind of switch you are looking for explicitly, but any auto parts store will have a dozen different ignition switches on hand. If you're up to the challenge of fabricating some kind of mount, or modifying the existing switch mount you might be able to save a bit of money by using a generic automotive switch.

The guy that sold me the boat gave me an ignition switch. It just doesn't fit in the hole. I suppose I could fabricate something. It's probably an easy fix. I just need to get out and do it. My problem is I'm always afraid I might make it worse than it already is.

Troutski

Troutski

Understood...

Understood...

The guy that sold me the boat gave me an ignition switch. It just doesn't fit in the hole. I suppose I could fabricate something. It's probably an easy fix. I just need to get out and do it. My problem is I'm always afraid I might make it worse than it already is.

I personally am not allowed to own tools, I like you end up costing myself twice the cost of a repair after I try to fix something.
I recommend Staff Jennings in Eugene, they have always treated me fair and quick turn around times. Good luck and viva Visa ;)

Chuck

T

TTFishon

I personally am not allowed to own tools, I like you end up costing myself twice the cost of a repair after I try to fix something.
I recommend Staff Jennings in Eugene, they have always treated me fair and quick turn around times. Good luck and viva Visa ;)

Chuck

I will give them a call, thanks.