Ice storm boredom

jamisonace
So besides cutting up the neighbors downed tree and moving it off the road? I've pretty much hunkered down in my man cave (as my wife calls it).

Activities for the day have been organizing my boxes, cleaning plugs, tying yarnies.

All this work is getting me anxious to fish. Glad I have next week OFF!

I know I'm not the only one doing this stuff on a day like today. Let's see what you've got done.

I've spent better part of the day in here.

Plugs cleaned and organized

Tackle box organized

Miscellaneous boxes organized

Yarnies and bait hooks tied

Now...what to do with this container of kwik fish?

Last edited:
jamisonace
They are pretty clean, I just down have good organization for them. The ones I regularly use are in their own box.

C
cddunn
Slinky's, spoons and rags done. Working on the Jack Daniels now. Every few hours go out and knock the snow off the tarp on the boat.
P.S. All caught up on Game of Thrones too.

jamisonace
Good call on knocking snow off boat. Going to do that now.

Slinky's, spoons and rags done. Working on the Jack Daniels now. Every few hours go out and knock the snow off the tarp on the boat.
P.S. All caught up on Game of Thrones too.

C_Run
Our deck at 6:00AM and 13 " of snow.

My fishing man cave is not heated. I did order propane and am baking the very last piece of fish in our freezer tonight, a coho jack from October. I also reread "How to Catch Bottomfish" by Charles White. It's now raining and freezing and there's popping limbs out in the yard so it's not safe to go out.

jamisonace
Wow Chris, you guys got hammered. Last time we measured, we were at 7 inches.

Irishrover
I didn't take pictures but I spent time outside making a pile of kindling wood, bring more fire wood up to the house, and pushing snow around with the tractor. It was all just an excuse to wear my Filson double Mckinaw. I really like that coat but it has to be cold to wear it. Then for exicitement I sat by the woodstove and read, and fell asleep.

O
OnTheFly

These days my woodstove is my best friend and there's no better spot to fall asleep.

Irishrover
Well I woke up from my nap and now the whole world is covered in ice. I'm going back to my chair by the woodstove. Wake me when tis is over. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P
plumb2fish
This is what I did in the ice storm

M
mikeee2362
Tied some yarnies, then tried to organize some Sportsman's Show purchases, then ate some fish.

jamisonace
Nice score at the sportsmanship show. Were there good deals there?

M
mikeee2362
Nice score at the sportsmanship show. Were there good deals there?
I bought everything I got at the " Fisherman's and Marine " booth...stuff I actually buy at their store, but at the show it was about 30-50% cheaper, so yeah I'd say I stocked up for cheap.