I received this email this morning

plumbertom
plumbertom
I'm wondering if anyone else thinks its a good deal?
1671133363923.png

kemfish
kemfish
I look at these types of offers like this...
If it's something you would normally buy, then you probably save a few bucks. good
If you're buying it because its a deal and not something you would normally get then I think you have a good chance of being disappointed. I've bought more than a few things because they were a great deal and they ended up never being used as much as stuff I normally bought/used.

From a straight dollar standpoint you would seem to get more purchasing the package as opposed to buying separately especially for the bait casters. Again if you wouldn't normally get it, I'd just search/wait for closeouts on the things you would normally buy and get those. Lots of online vendors constantly discounting last years models. just my 2 cents.

Reactions: DonF and plumbertom
jamisonace
jamisonace
I've heard good things about kastking. Been tempted to buy their stuff before. The only thing that appeals to me would be the 3000 reel but if the rods were something I'd use, I might do it.

jamisonace
jamisonace
They have a really good deal on steelhead drifting rods at 55% off. I wish I hadn't just bought 4 SSTs. But they were only $47 so pretty good deal too.

G
Gulfstream
I have 2 kASTKING REELS i USE FOR PERCH FISHING ALONG WITH SEVERAL MEMBERS IN MY PERCH FISHING GROUP.THEY ARE EXCELLENT REELS FOR THE MONEY AND I HAVE HAD ZERO PROBLEMS WITH MINE

S
Snopro
Going to dip my toe into the BFS game with the Zephyr reel for $56. Matt and Tim recommend it, how bad could it be?

Last edited:
plumbertom
plumbertom
jamisonace said:
I've heard good things about kastking. Been tempted to buy their stuff before. The only thing that appeals to me would be the 3000 reel but if the rods were something I'd use, I might do it.
I have a couple of their reels, and they hold up well, at least for the light usage I put them to.

LazyBrewer
LazyBrewer
I have purchased several KastKing reels, and so far have been impressed.

Reactions: DonF and plumbertom
D
DonF
I'd never heard of Kastking till I read a guy really trashing them bad on the internet. Didn't figure anything could be that bad so looked the Rover 40 up on Amazon it was about $40, so I ordered it. Turns out the one I got is really nice so I ordered a small spinnng reel also. Worked out very well and now I have two low profile Kastking's, inexpensive models and I don't have one bad thing to say about them, very nice reels. Oh wait. they don't have full handle rods so I'm not getting one of those other things!

Reactions: LazyBrewer and plumbertom