I need your help guys!

H
Hancher
I am newbie here. I would like to know which boat is best for fishing. Please let me know. Thanks!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
first questions are going to be what type of fishing, how many people, and what bodies of water do you want to be able to safely take the boat on.

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Also how do you plan on getting it to the water? Are you bumper pulling with a car? Or are you looking for something small and light?

Welcome to OFF by the way,

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF. If you provide much more detail, we can help you much more effectively.

P
pinstriper
You don't fish from the best boat. You fish from the boat that has beer on it.

Reactions: deadkitty and colt
C
colt
Usually, it is the fisherman catching fish. The boats dont do that for you. But they are useful for getting you to specific places.

As others have stated, you should probably give more information before a good answer can be given.

H
Hancher
I am a single person. So, a little boat would be nice for me. And basically I go for fishing onto the little rivers not a bit one.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Check out a Livingston with a small motor. Gregor also make nice boats for your fishing style.

Reactions: troutdude
H
Hancher
How about John boat? Do you have experience on this?

troutdude
troutdude
Irishrover;n606960 said:
Gregor also make nice boats for your fishing style.

X 2. Gregor makes solid vessels.

P
pinstriper
After much consideration, my recommendation is this: The best boat for fishing is the one your fishing buddies have.

Find friends with boats. Or friends who can be talked into buying boats.

Pro move: 2 or more friends with powerboats, 2 or more friends with drift boats, 2 or more friends with ocean-worthy boats.

B
BrandonBeach
BOAT BUYING GUDE

The waters you want to fish determine the type, size and design of boat needed.

The type of fish and fishing methods determine how you outfit said boat.

Your bank account and credit score will determine the quality of your choices.

Most boats are far cheaper then the cost of divorce or bankruptcy court.

Hence:
Your wife or accountant (if applicable) will ultimately make the final boat buying decisions.

Caviat:
If your marital unit likes to fish and has a substantial income, always buy the best and biggest.

Reactions: colt and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
BrandonBeach;n606975 said:
BOAT BUYING GUDE

Hence:
Your wife or accountant (if applicable) will ultimately make the final boat buying decisions.

Caviat:
If your marital unit likes to fish and has a substantial income, always buy the best and biggest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
BrandonBeach;n606975 said:
BOAT BUYING GUDE

Hence:

Caviat:

I'm with TD, this is genius!

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Hancher;n606961 said:
How about John boat? Do you have experience on this?

Jon boats are not to bad. Typically relatively stable, short sides, are easy to row but your could still through a motor on the back of it if you want. They come small enough to fit in the back of a truck or on a roof rack if you don't have a trailer. The shorter sides make drifting a little interesting, but they make on heck of a duck hunting boat. If all you are doing is fishing out of it though I might look at something along the lines of a drift boat, or a open river boat, as long as you have the means to bumper pull.

As mentioned previously give it a lot of thought before you buy. This is something you are potentially going to be using for a while, so it is something you want to be happy with. That doesn't mean that you have to hold on to the same boat for years and years and years, but it would be very very prudent to do a lot of research.

If at all possible find someone with a boat that you are considering and pick their brain. Find out their list of pros and cons. Think of options that you want in a boat. Fish finder, storage areas, size of motor, rod holders, persons capacity, all of these things can make a huge difference as to why you buy 1 boat over another. Look at how the other person has their boat outfitted, and if at all possible, take a ride in it.

Reactions: colt and troutdude