I feel like such a tool...

C
ChezJfrey
Yesterday, was reviewing my weekend notes, when hunting down fish on the Wilson and realized a tragic error...

One of the places I stopped on my way home, was near Elk Creek. I now realize that I somehow skipped by the South Fork and fished about a 100 yards of Devil's Lake Fork by mistake. During that time, a guy walked up to me and asked, "Fishing the water?"

To which I replied that I was trying, but without success. I realize now that maybe his question was kind of a test...I wish he would have just said something about me fishing off limits! I feel like an idiot now.

Lesson: Consult your maps people! Ugh...I knew that fork was closed, but just didn't realize I had wandered onto it. I'm plagued with guilt now!

I
idahojeff
Don't feel like a tool..find the win. Pretty sure you will never do it again. I have almost done it a few times.

F
FishNinja
The S. Fork comes in directly across the hwy from the Elk Creek Campground. It's all good, we all make mistakes, it's learning from them that truly matters.

troutdude
troutdude
You feel badly, which means that you have ethics and a conscience. Good for you. But, its time to shake it OFF now.

P
plumb2fish
Call the state patrol and find out what the fine for fishing closed waters is, send it to me and I will put it in my gas tank and make sure to fish an open body of water....lol

C
ChezJfrey
plumb2fish said:
Call the state patrol and find out what the fine for fishing closed waters is, send it to me and I will put it in my gas tank and make sure to fish an open body of water....lol

LOL...but wouldn't it make more sense for me to take that money and donate it to MY tank and fish an open body of water as penance for my transgression? ;)