How to get started

F
fishingperson
hey um do you guys have any idea of good trout rod and reels for under 100 dollar
and any good camping and fishing spots i am looking for a camp site that has a fire pit
and is right nest to a lake or river:D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum, I love your enthusiasm! The best way to learn is by getting out there and just doing it, followed by reading all you can, whether it's books on fishing in Oregon or going through our older posts.
Good fishing to you and be safe!

F
Fishpdx
You can buy a $20 trout combo and it will work all your life, Just a simple rod and reel most of them will work.
It's $35 at fishermans , After 7 years it still works, You can find other cheaper ones , it's not that hard to find a trout combo, light or medium light rods are great, and spool it with 4-6 lb line, buy a few small bobbers hooks and weights and a the most important part is the powerbait.

D
DrTheopolis
Do you live in Burns? Lakeview? Bend? Eugene? Portland?

That might be a good place to start, then maybe we can help you a little more.

F
fishingperson
I live in bend

D
DrTheopolis
Now we're getting somewhere. There's people here who know the area well (me, not so much). In my limited experience in that region, East Lake is always a winner. The banks of the Deschutes are awesome, but it's tough fishing for a novice (in the lower stretches, anyway).