Hooks

C

Coho Kid

I've been noticing that a lot of people use #4's for Coho. I'm curious as to what hook sizes and styles are being used primarily by OFF'ers?

Diehard

Diehard

hooks

hooks

I use size 1 gammakatsu for bobber & eggs/drift fishing eggs size 4 corky&yarn blood red octopus

M

Mike123

Depends on water clarity..
Where water clarity doesn't matter a 1 or 1/0.
When light lines and subtle presentations are important, double #4's. Spaced about an inch apart.

This is for bobber and eggs though.

If I was drift fishing I'd use a 1 or 2 regardless.

C

Coho Kid

Almost all the guys I've been fishing around for coho this year are using #4's. I went up to 1/0 because I wasn't hooking up on bites. Since then I've not missed many fish, but using #4's I'd missed all of them.

F

FISHHEADMAFIA

Almost all the guys I've been fishing around for coho this year are using #4's. I went up to 1/0 because I wasn't hooking up on bites. Since then I've not missed many fish, but using #4's I'd missed all of them.

i go with 2s & 4s . my finding is that when using smaller hooks , dont get too excited and set the hook right off . give it a second or two .
i think smaller hooks and smallest chunk of pencil led possible (usually less than 1/2 in) , keeps me from snaggin up . just enough to let it "tink" the bottom several times down the drift , not slam the bottom every second .
of course if that fails , by all means bump up the hook size .
i just seem to have better results on the smaller side for both coho and winters .

Last edited: