Homemade reels for steelhead and salmon

M
mrlindeman
This is a Center pin/CentrePin reel I made for float fishing for Steelhead and Salmon. Click the link below.
Centrepin Reel

Amazing!

You got some skills there. Share how it works if you get into some fish with it.

intresting

man, now thats home made tackle.... exellent

Awesome!!! Let us know how it works!!!

I was going to take it out today, but I feel like stayin in next to the fire today lol. Fish from the couch.
I still have to practice casting the reel. Its definatly a huge birds nest risk if not done properly.

Sweet reel dude! Can't wait to see how it works out!

Very nice!!!

One question:

How are you gonna palm that reel? It looks like the exposed edge of the spool is still pretty sharp - not something I'd want to try palming to slow the fish' run. Otherwise, that's a badazz setup. Always cool to see home made gear that works.

Yes! Well done! I would love to see a follow up video with you using it in the feild or an extension to that video you posted:clap::clap:. Great Project.

Palming the reel is not a problem. The edges are actually very blunt :) It is open face so the reel is meant to be squeeze braked as well :)

Impressive, do you do your own machining? I liked the part in your vid where you can see the reflection during the spin - pretty cool.

I would machine if I had the tools. I had to take it to a shop for the hub. I free hand mesured and drilled the rest.

It takes a while to get used to the wallace cast, but its a lot of fun. The reel works great! Unfortunatly I birdnested it almost 20 times before I had to remove some line lol.