Homemade reels for steelhead and salmon

M
mrlindeman
This is a Center pin/CentrePin reel I made for float fishing for Steelhead and Salmon. Click the link below.
Centrepin Reel

18406ej
18406ej
Amazing!

S
skunk
You got some skills there. Share how it works if you get into some fish with it.

A
alseaalumaweld
intresting

H
halibuthitman
man, now thats home made tackle.... exellent

W
waco
Awesome!!! Let us know how it works!!!

M
mrlindeman
I was going to take it out today, but I feel like stayin in next to the fire today lol. Fish from the couch.
I still have to practice casting the reel. Its definatly a huge birds nest risk if not done properly.

T
TTFishon
Sweet reel dude! Can't wait to see how it works out!

G
gloomis85
Very nice!!!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
One question:

How are you gonna palm that reel? It looks like the exposed edge of the spool is still pretty sharp - not something I'd want to try palming to slow the fish' run. Otherwise, that's a badazz setup. Always cool to see home made gear that works.

M
Moosebonsai
Yes! Well done! I would love to see a follow up video with you using it in the feild or an extension to that video you posted:clap::clap:. Great Project.

M
mrlindeman
Palming the reel is not a problem. The edges are actually very blunt :) It is open face so the reel is meant to be squeeze braked as well :)

A
alm21
Impressive, do you do your own machining? I liked the part in your vid where you can see the reflection during the spin - pretty cool.

M
mrlindeman
I would machine if I had the tools. I had to take it to a shop for the hub. I free hand mesured and drilled the rest.

M
mrlindeman
It takes a while to get used to the wallace cast, but its a lot of fun. The reel works great! Unfortunatly I birdnested it almost 20 times before I had to remove some line lol.