Heading to Walter Wirth and Walling on Thursday 3/26

ODFW been dumping them in all winter into Wirth and last week they dropped 2500 in and about 500 into Walling. If anyone is interested my 6-year-old daughter and I will be there about 10am weather permitting. The forcast as of now says partly cloudy so I'll watch it pretty close the next couple days. She's as eager to drop a line as I am so this is serious business.

Bring Postkes, PowerBait Trout Nibbles (any color) or brown/black bodied spinners with brass spoons and Mike's Shrimp Oil

We'll be at Cascade Gateway Park at 10am for about 2 hours then over to Dairy Queen for lunch then to Walling for an hour or 2 then the Willamette where Mill Creek dumps in right near the Globe next to the Carousel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Family tradition

Family tradition

lowjack;
Sounds like you have a great day planned for you and your daughter. I have an appointment up in Portland or I would seriously consider joining you. I am itching to use the new pontoon and WW would be a good starting place. Kind of like the kiddie pool of the swimming world. Hope the weather co-operates with you and the two of you have much luck and,more importantly,loads of fun. Be safe.
Barb

Lowjack

Have you caught any trout in the Willamette, the spot you are talking about is actually Pringle Creek, Mill Creek dumps in at the end of D Street. I haven't had any luck on the north side of the island, but I have caught lots of sucker fish on the south side. I have tried Powerbait and rooster tails with no luck

Mill creek branches off into Pringle twice right before it hits the Willamette , once at church and again at Liberty along with it's entrance north of D, I've always called that part of it Mill...not sure why :P . That's a sweet spot to catch um too, i usually use spoons there, red and whites or gold cast masters. the water is very clear so a bright lure should be best.

Have you ever fished from the dock, when the sun starts to set the trout are jumping like crazy, I just don't have any idea what to use. I will try to make it out Thursday, I will try to show up down where the creek dumps in, if not, I am at the dock. I usually go down there to catch carp (I don't eat them) and I have never even heard of a carp under 23 inches in the Willamette. I will let you sample some of my secret doughbait if you are interesting in catching some carp, I bet your daughter would have a blast fighting one of those giants, they remind me of Salmon fishing.

I am the kid with the Red and Black hat and the Duffle Bag (and 3 poles).

By "Dock" you mean where the River queen is parked (is that her name?) I might head down there right now and see what happens. As for tomorrow, it's still on and if want a trout lesson Cascade Lakes is as good a spot as any.
I'll be at the dock at 5pm. Big guy, big beard, lots of tackle :P

i might come join you on the dock today at some point, was thinking of hitting slew (sp?) today so could take a break and head to dock for some carp, havnt got one of them since i was 10 or so. anyway been away from fishing awhile and want to get anything : ) gl everyone.

I was out on the dock today, I caught an 8lb carp, probably 30 inches using corn. My buddy caught two 18 inch carp, I hooked two other carp but lost them right after I set the hook. I usually bring a big pole so when I catch a squawfish I can cut a fillet off and throw it out for sturgeon, a couple weeks ago a guy caught a 3 foot sturgeon using a half of a worm, he had several pictures of it on a digital camera.

Top Bottom