Has anyone tried vancouver lake is WA??

S
SDfisher
I was wondering if anyone has been over to Vancouver lake and fished there. Just seeing if its any good or not.

B
beaverfan
Never fished it but Fox 12 just did a story on a bunch of car break-ins there. Said the police were urging people to protect there belongings.

F
FishFinger
I'd put it on the "not good" list. in spite of it's size the average depth is roughly 4'. Presently there are warning not to have contact with the water itself because of toxic algae and e coli. And as Beaverfan said car prowls are on the rise in the area.

Q
qwapaw
You know, It might be kinda fun to catch one of those car prowlers. I know what bait to use, but how do you clean one. lol. Qwa:lol:

B
beaverfan
As far as bait I like blue ipods, or if your going for an oversize "prowler" a laptop usually does the trick! As far as cleaning them there are unfortunately unedible. There is actually a number your supposed to call when you catch one. They will come take them off your hands! PM if you want the number, but I have a feeling you already know it!
I usually just toss em on the bank for berry fertilizer! They are very oppurtunistic hunters and many of these same "prowlers" have been seen up on the Cowlitz in the fall snagging Salmon!

Last edited: