I went out to Hagg from about 12 to 3 on a mission to try to catch catfish from the bank (having never specifically tried this there before). I went to one of the lake arms that I thought might have some cats poking around this time of year and fished nightcrawlers and chicken livers at a few different spots, including well up the lake arm where I had the place to myself. No catfish landed, but during the ~1.5 hr I fished nightcrawlers, I did land 4 trout! 3 of them were 12-13 inchers to boot. At one point I did miss a really big set of hits on the rod as I had walked away briefly...who knows, maybe it was a fatty catfish! No love on the chicken livers.
It was really nice out, and the water in the lake (at least in the arm I fished) was the clearest I've seen since whenever it started raining every day...December?