Had to take a day off from coho but well worth it

kirkster
kirkster
Today I left all my rods hang out to dry. And took my two year old grandson to faraday lake. The weed beds were pretty bad so kind of tough to fish but little thomas didn't care about the weeds he just knew he was going fishing with grandpa. It didn't take him long to get bored about 30 minutes but it didn't matter to me this trip was all about him. He did manage to get one to bite in all the weeds and it made the whole trip worth while just seeing the excitement in a young kids face and knowing you just made a fisherman for life.

H
hendrixfan
Nothing better than that! Way to go grandpa

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Bravo!

Bravo!

Bravo! :clap: Another grandparent sharing a moment of lifetime memories with a lil future fisher folk makes me proud to be one. No better way to spend time with them in my book. Well,except snuggled in a sleeping bag in a tent for the weekend camping trip. :D :dance: :dance:

B
Bohemian
I missed this earlier, but your outing with your grandson was priceless! (I'll never get to be a grandparent so I just have to enjoy other people's grandchildren.)

Thanks for posting this.

W
wormosa
Bohemian said:
I missed this earlier, but your outing with your grandson was priceless! (I'll never get to be a grandparent so I just have to enjoy other people's grandchildren.)

Thanks for posting this.
i hear ya on that bohemian !!

A
alm21
Faraday is a great place to take the kids to get them into fishing. Worked on mine! I was there in September too and yeah, the weeds were gnarly. We worked the far end of the damn where there were fewer weeds and we did fair. However, while there I heard some hoot'n and holler'n from the Clack so walked over and looked down to see someone landing a bright chromer. I look back at my trout pole, then looked back down at the Clack and thought, WTF? I need to get after some of that - Coho Fever hit me! This is my rookie year for salmon - one on the tag so far. Can't wait to get my kids out on the rivers. My daughter is 12 and wants to go salmon fishing. Time to get her geared up!

R
rekkless
They just stocked the st louis ponds by gervais. Not too far from you in oregon city. I got 5 trout this morning one 13".

kirkster
kirkster
Thanks for the info I'll keep that in mind.

Reactions: Chromatose
Chromatose
Chromatose
thumbs_up.png

Good Job By You Gramps.