Great numbers day

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Today I decided to do something I have been meaning to do for a while. I loaded up my float tube and walked into an Albany area pond.

Had a heck of a great time, the fish were extremely aggressive and I was catching them left and right. It was silly. No size to them, unfortunately, but I didn't feel like complaining. I actually had a bass jump into my lap in the tube chasing the jig as I lifted it out of the water. Talk about active fish! I have never had that happen before, the closest was when a mullet jumped into the boat one time when I was a kid. I had four fish in four casts at one point. Crazy fish. :yikes:

Anyway, here are some pictures.

IMG_3033_zpshnthwqnv.png
^Got four fish in four casts out of this tree

IMG_3034_zpsybnm3afi.png
^This is about what the better ones were running. Two and a half, I don't know. I didn't weigh any, they were all pretty small.

IMG_3035_zpsz9vztatv.png
^ A little scenery, free of charge. I am sure a few of you can figure out the spot.

SS

B
Berg03
Nice! I got into a half dozen as well today. Keep at it!

T
TimberTodd
Great sounding day Shaun. To bad the one in the lap wasn't a 5lber. That would have set you up straight in the seat!

G
Gulfstream
Nothing wrong with that fish!Nice report

bass
bass
Sounds like a great day to me! Pretty wild about the lap dance. I hope you at least shoved a dollar under her fin :)

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
TimberTodd said:
Great sounding day Shaun. To bad the one in the lap wasn't a 5lber. That would have set you up straight in the seat!

I sat up straight enough, believe me.

I can't get over how nice the fins are on the one I took a picture of. No ragged edges or fraying at all. Like it just came out of the mold. Even the tail is perfect. I love clean, healthy looking fish like that. Those were some very strong fish, even the little ones. I wonder what the top end for size is in there, they would rip your arm off.

SS

T
TimberTodd
Between you talking about the nice fins and Bass talking lap dances, this could derail VERY QUICKLY!

Y
Yianvey
Where is this at Shaun n very nice big caught thier I never caught bass before n I really want to find a alots of bass to caught n I see u caught big bass n may I ask where is this place at? Plz Plz tell me? Am longing to caught my first one n I don't know
Where bass are at now. Plz tell me where n what is the name of this cool place?? Thank you for ur time Takecare I will be waiting for ur reply have a good day shaun☺

Y
Yianvey
Hi Berg how are u? May I ask where this bass fishing place at? Plz tell me I want to catch bass for the first time n I don't know where in oregon Plz tell me thank you I will be waiting for ur reply n have a great day take care Berg

M
montym
Go to Hagg lake or fish the Willamette. Now please do us all a favor and please don't ask for locations anymore before you post a fishing exp. Read earlier posts, you'll have all the info that you'll need. Google can be your best friend too..

I wonder if I am responding to the 13 year old bot....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

EOBOY
EOBOY
Yianvey said:
Hi Berg how are u? May I ask where this bass fishing place at? Plz tell me I want to catch bass for the first time n I don't know where in oregon Plz tell me thank you I will be waiting for ur reply n have a great day take care Berg

Yianvey...........Google Rock Island on the Willy above the falls. Go through Oregon City like your going to Canby oregon the river will be on your right. About 5 miles after you leave Or. City there is a long parking area right by some RR tracks. Get out of your car and walk along the tracks then down to the water. Actually it is a lagoon with ponds and an arm OFF the Willy. Take Red, Black and green Rooster tails. Also 3 inch floating Rapplas. And fish your heart out. Wear long pants as you may have to fight some brush. Try to find a path there are many to get to the water, you will have to walk south 200yards or so along the tracks to find the paths. Google Knappa Oregon OFF of hyw. 30 12 miles east of Astoria. That is on the Columbia river. Those 2 spots should keep you busy all summer. Also google La page Park on the mouth of the John Day river on the Columbia. Get a float tube or pontoon boat!
And quit upsetting Monty.....LOL

bass
bass
EOBOY said:
Yianvey...........Google Rock Island on the Willy above the falls. Go through Oregon City like your going to Canby oregon the river will be on your right. About 5 miles after you leave Or. City there is a long parking area right by some RR tracks. Get out of your car and walk along the tracks then down to the water. Actually it is a lagoon with ponds and an arm OFF the Willy. Take Red, Black and green Rooster tails. Also 3 inch floating Rapplas. And fish your heart out. Wear long pants as you may have to fight some brush. Try to find a path there are many to get to the water, you will have to walk south 200yards or so along the tracks to find the paths. Google Knappa Oregon OFF of hyw. 30 12 miles east of Astoria. That is on the Columbia river. Those 2 spots should keep you busy all summer. Also google La page Park on the mouth of the John Day river on the Columbia. Get a float tube or pontoon boat!
And quit upsetting Monty.....LOL

It is (and always was) illegal to cross the tracks except at right of ways.

Here is a site that explains it all: https://cldc.org/organizing-resources/railroads-ports-and-utilities-legal-primer/

In the past, this was not enforced but I have read that train companies have started cracking down on crossing the railroad tracks due to a rise in rail related accidents. I believe it is largely targeted at keeping homeless camps from setting up so that they have to cross the tracks, but I read it is being fairly stringently enforced.

This is from another site from last September
About an hour ago I headed out to fish at Rock Island. I parked just north of Pierson's on 99E; when I got out of my rig and got my rod out of the back, a "railroad policeman" (in uniform) came up to me and said it is illegal to cross the railroad tracks and he couldn't let me do it.

The river is on the other side of the tracks for miles along there, so if that's really true, it eliminates access to the river.

Is that really the law?? Anybody else have an experience like this?

EOBOY
EOBOY
bass said:
It is (and always was) illegal to cross the tracks except at right of ways.

Here is a site that explains it all: https://cldc.org/organizing-resources/railroads-ports-and-utilities-legal-primer/

Is that really the law?? Anybody else have an experience like this?

I've never had that happen, not saying it can't, anytime you walk across tracks I suppose you could be charged with trespass. It is a very popular spot.

EOBOY
EOBOY
But now that I have my DB I can just put in at West Linn and motor up:harhar:

bass
bass
EOBOY said:
I've never had that happen, not saying it can't, anytime you walk across tracks I suppose you could be charged with trespass. It is a very popular spot.

From what I can gather it is sporadically enforced. The thing to remember is that RR police are not security officers but real police with interstate authority. If you do get stopped I would assume that being polite and doing as told would avoid any issues, but you never know. Just thought it was worth posting this since I had remembered reading it a while back.

bass
bass
EOBOY said:
But now that I have my DB I can just put in at West Linn and motor up:harhar:

That's why I love my kayak. It has astronomically extended my number of available fishing opportunities. I can't imagine a better fishing investment.