Goodbye winter skunk , hello summers

S
Sage_Flyguy
We hit the South Santiam this morning right around 9am down at church camp. Fished the very bottom of that run just a hundred yards or so above High Water hole. Anyone familiar with the church camp area should know where I am talking about. I just threw corky and yarn the whole time , then around 10:30 a strange little tug that didn't feel quite like the little taps I was used to feeling from the bottom. Swung the rod and it was on !!! This little gymnast must of taken to the air 7 or 8 times , then panic struck in. Just down river from me 3 bushes that are mostly submerged. He ran straight through one of them than laid underneath the next one , I walked down there gingerly not to spook him and have him snap me off in the debris. As luck would have it after about 45 seconds of un-tangling myself , while I still had the line in my hand as if on Cue , he just bolted toward open water. After a few more thanking my lucky charms and several more runs of peeling line from me finally landed him.

Bright Beautiful non recycled 28" of Chrome.

• IMG952539.jpg
M
mezzfin
Great hunt and great catch. Pretty fish. :clap:

E
eugene1
congrats on the nice chrome!

O
OnTheFly
Nice fish and nice looking water it came from.

R
rippin fish lips
Love the water like on the fly said... Great fish too.

B
Bgunder
Chromer!