Good time at Ford's Pond

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Drove south from Eugene to see Oregon Tool and Supply, the plan was to then check out the Umpqua and maybe bank fish a couple spots.

I stopped at Ford's Pond in Sutherlin instead and caught 4 in about 2 hours, all really healthy chunky fish, im assuming the lake is high at the moment and my first pattern was pretty successful so stuck with it, definitely need muck Boots to fish it right now.

Anyone know what the big concrete pad is from? Something industrial I'm assuming, protected 1/4" steel edge all the way around it and plenty of old anchors.

Might come back this way tomorrow, hit this in the morning and Eltkon in the afternoon.

Attachments

bass

Most Featured
Great report! Awesome to be doing so well in February on Bass. I don't think that I have ever caught a bass in OR in December, January or February and here you are killing it!!

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Great report! Awesome to be doing so well in February on Bass. I don't think that I have ever caught a bass in OR in December, January or February and here you are killing it!!
Bass gotta eat! Lol

I throw a frog year round as well, surprisingly done pretty well.

I remember an episode of bill dance fishing where he was throwing a buzzbait onto the shelf of ice around the lake, and dragging it off to fish it back, even in iced water bass were still hitting topwater!

NKlamerus

Most Featured
If someone wants to fish this lake and you have a boat, let me know and I'll throw down for gas/haul it down there from Eugene.

Looking for a kayak or canoe at the moment, nothing too great out there though

Duckcross

Fords pond is a old log dump if the concrete slap you are referring to is up the little dirt next to 38 it was the dump station. There used to be a big A frame structure as well.

Top Bottom