Golden pond Bass?

F
Finneus Polebender
Does anyone have any info on fishin at golden pond in bethel area. Used to take my kids bullhead fishin there years ago. Seem to remember they are small but looked like bass habitat,. Saw somethin on the news about them doin some work out there be interested to see if anyones been fishin it

Troutski
Troutski
Antenna pond...

Antenna pond...

Not sure the name of the pond but it is behind Autzum stadium, near the radio antenna. Part of the canal system for Alton Baker Park, great place for Bassin...close enough to pack a tube or toon in. In the old days you could drive right up to the shore line, use to Trout fish from the side door of my Van. Any way check it out...

Chuck

F
Finneus Polebender
Troutski said:
Not sure the name of the pond but it is behind Autzum stadium, near the radio antenna. Part of the canal system for Alton Baker Park, great place for Bassin...close enough to pack a tube or toon in. In the old days you could drive right up to the shore line, use to Trout fish from the side door of my Van. Any way check it out...

Chuck

Went out there the other day a guy at alton baker said he thought they were still putting trout in it looks real shallow will have to try it might be good early like delta

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Does anyone have any info on fishin at golden pond in bethel area. Used to take my kids bullhead fishin there years ago. Seem to remember they are small but looked like bass habitat,. Saw somethin on the news about them doin some work out there be interested to see if anyones been fishin it

I used to fish those when I was a kid. I caught my second bass ever in there. As for now I have no idea. I talked to a park guy that was doing some work screwing up one of the Delta Ponds and he said they were going to do the same thing at Golden Garden Ponds which was adding gravel to take the steepness out of the bank to make it safer.

O
OregonBassTeam
I know a guy by the name crawlerball that fished thoses ponds into extinction here 4 or 5 years ago. He had an asian market on W11th that paid him $5 dollars a pound whole. He'd make $100 each trip in, so for anyones information thats where all the fish have gone in the eugene area over the last several years....goodluck out there its getting tuffer

T
TTFishon
OregonBassTeam said:
I know a guy by the name crawlerball that fished thoses ponds into extinction here 4 or 5 years ago. He had an asian market on W11th that paid him $5 dollars a pound whole. He'd make $100 each trip in, so for anyones information thats where all the fish have gone in the eugene area over the last several years....goodluck out there its getting tuffer

Was he selling bass or carp?

F
Finneus Polebender
OregonBassTeam said:

thats too bad small place like that can be ruined fairly Quickly by a poacher let me know if ya see this guy fishin in the future & where he hangs and where is this asian market at? Is it the one across from the old winco?

O
OregonBassTeam
TTFishon said:
Was he selling bass or carp?

Bass I guess that taste better to some....gross

O
OregonBassTeam
Finneus Polebender said:
thats too bad small place like that can be ruined fairly Quickly by a poacher let me know if ya see this guy fishin in the future & where he hangs and where is this asian market at? Is it the one across from the old winco?

I haven't seen him in a couple years, used to see him at delta all the time with stringers everytime....just know it was a market on w11th not sure which one. Delta used to treat me well 5 to 10 fish each trip good ones 2 to 5s, now I don't even waste my time there for a fish or two....its stuff like that really pisses me off

F
Finneus Polebender
OregonBassTeam said:
I haven't seen him in a couple years, used to see him at delta all the time with stringers everytime....just know it was a market on w11th not sure which one. Delta used to treat me well 5 to 10 fish each trip good ones 2 to 5s, now I don't even waste my time there for a fish or two....its stuff like that really pisses me off

True a bit harder for a single person to send delta into oblivion though. No matter what it does suck and can u say tastes like mud. Think supposed "restoration" has done more damage to back area, front has been nice to us , think we just gotta figure out where the back ones moved to

Troutski
Troutski
Private ponds...

Private ponds...

TTFishon said:
I used to fish those when I was a kid. I caught my second bass ever in there. As for now I have no idea. I talked to a park guy that was doing some work screwing up one of the Delta Ponds and he said they were going to do the same thing at Golden Garden Ponds which was adding gravel to take the steepness out of the bank to make it safer.

That is what makes access to those small ponds on our local farms so valuable. I am very lucky to have access to a few in my area...probably caught the same fish year after year...they keep getting larger and I keep doing the same...;) "Hog catching Hogs on ponds" Sounds like a name for a local fishing show, hummm:think:

Chuck

F
Finneus Polebender
Troutski said:
That is what makes access to those small ponds on our local farms so valuable. I am very lucky to have access to a few in my area...probably caught the same fish year after year...they keep getting larger and I keep doing the same...;) "Hog catching Hogs on ponds" Sounds like a name for a local fishing show, hummm:think:

Chuck

FER sure there bud can totally see why a person would keep the gems hid

T
TTFishon
Now that I think about it. It was probably about 27 years ago when I caught that fish. Sheesh, I'm getting old.

O
OregonBassTeam
Finneus Polebender said:
True a bit harder for a single person to send delta into oblivion though. No matter what it does suck and can u say tastes like mud. Think supposed "restoration" has done more damage to back area, front has been nice to us , think we just gotta figure out where the back ones moved to

When a guy is down there every day catching and keeping 5 to 6 fish each day for a several year period, it takes its toll....thoses ponds have taken a beating. One guy can really hurt a small fishery

F
Finneus Polebender
OregonBassTeam said:
When a guy is down there every day catching and keeping 5 to 6 fish each day for a several year period, it takes its toll....thoses ponds have taken a beating. One guy can really hurt a small fishery

Your right Taking fish is an impact no matter what and always will have negative effect