FYI, Brownlee Res. Crappies got flushed

G
G3 fishin
For all those planning on heading to Richland Oregon in may, change your plans, Brownlee is 60ft below full pool. Best chances are to fish above Oxbow dam around the beginning of june. Hopefully they'll still be in that part of the Snake R. Dammm Idaho power!!!!!!

Reactions: OnTheFly
F
fish4life
I thought that only affected the crappie fry not the adults.

H
Hawk
Contact Crappie Chaser, he is a guide on Brownlee, & will know the facts about the crappie thereabouts. :D

G
G3 fishin
Just picture the power river going through the whole brownlee arm then when you hit the river, its low and flowing fast, that whythey get flushed, I've already spoke to 3 locals and idaho power does this when they expect a big run off

J
JAFO
This thread is full of mis-information. I was just there! Yes the lake is low. You make it sound like the river is just hauling ass right through the dam. Some of the smaller fish do get flushed as fish4life pointed out. But the Crappie are still there, as well as the Bass and Catfish. It's a big ass lake and there are pleanty of places for the fish to hide. It's not like they pulled the plug and everything went down the drain. My fish finder doesn't lie.

G
G3 fishin
Its hard to no what to think when your preparing a trip down there under these conditions, I had planned to bring my boat to richland and stay around mid may, im thinkin first part of june might be a better idea than in may with the water coming

J
JAFO
Brownlee Reservoir
The reservoir levels are still low, and the only boat ramp available is at Woodhead Park. Some anglers are putting in off the bank with smaller boats in the upper reservoir, but its dangerous, so enter at your own risk. The bass are up and taking slow dragging crawdad colored crankbaits, especially in the lower reservoir. Red, brown and chartreuse colors will all work, but crawdad red is hard to beat. Some nice crappie are being caught around the Cemetery and up the Powder River Arm, small crappie jigs in red and white will work.

Top Bottom