Frustrated fisherman.....

M
mthoodrider
I had the craziest dream last night. I was salmon fishing with just a stick, line, and a spinner. Caught a coho, lost it, caught again three times by the shallow and lost it! Then I saw a school of at least 50 fish below me, so I ran to grab my pole. That's when I woke up. I guess I should call it a nightmare. Or maybe it's a sign that I should get out and fish today. Anyway, I've fished for steelie and salmon for about 10 months now and still nothing to show :( Starting to get frustrated. Not only that, it's hard to get away from the family and come back empty handed.
I'm going fishing this evening, anyone want to join? Any suggestions on where to go?:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:
I'm thinking Sandy, Eagle Creek, or CC, not sure.
Every time I fish, the more I learn, but still can't figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong.
Rain, sleet, or snow, I'm out there!
Please :pray: help a brother out :pray:

S
steelheadstalker31
Sorry to hear about your struggles. I'm not very familiar with those rivers so I can't help there. We have a few tutorials on float fishing that might help.

F
fish4life
I ussually go to eagle creek for winters I probably wont be going out until december, I could probably meet up with you one of these days and give you some pointers. I ussually do pretty well driftfishing with corkies and yarn.

M
mthoodrider
Went out on the Sandy by my house, no luck. The river is raging, it felt good being out there though.
stalker31, I checked out ur site, lots of good info, thanks.

G
GDBrown
That frustrating feeling you get is normal and after 20 years or so you won't even notice it. I know a guy who used to fish the Wilson almost 3 times a week back in the 70's and early 80's and he told me he felt lucky if he landed one fish for every 10 hours of fishing. I've managed to get it down to about 150 hours per fish I think. The last salmon or steelhead I landed was the week before Christmas last year and I know I have been out for at least 50 trips this year with nothing to put on my tag, yet!

H
halibuthitman
when one becomes frustrated from fishing for steelhead or salmon.... take a day off from it and go trout fishing... it helps, for me its the people.. everywhere.. its hard to find much quiet space anymore-

N
nativefish
if u live in brightwood.... u gotta come down the mountain to find some fish this time of year. Everything shoud be near the mouth. Hit eagle creek and if you arent catching fish, fish in the spots you normally wouldnt, you might loose some gear however you might catch some fish. I gonna check out eagle creek tomorrow.... Im praying lol. And trout fishing can be fun too, makes it almost seem silly when you cast a spinner into a mountain stream and tear into tons of tiny trout then head out and nothing bumps your lure all day when going for something bigger.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
when one becomes frustrated from fishing for steelhead or salmon.... take a day off from it and go trout fishing... it helps, for me its the people.. everywhere.. its hard to find much quiet space anymore-

Ha. thats what i did this season. i didn't have anyone to take me so i slayed trout for 4 months straight