Fresh steelhead pic - also what is wrong with people

T
tbox
After reading this thread, it's obvious why "those types of people" wouldn't want to talk to you! Just cause a guy doesn't speak English halibuthitman thinks he's gonna carve his heart out with a rock! L O L! Gimme a break!

H
halibuthitman
I said "can" not would.... See you can't even read english, darn language barriers

Reactions: JeannaJigs
T
tbox
Wow yeah that makes sense:rolleyes:

Last edited:
T
tbox
Didn't mean to be a part of the hijack- Kingswebber, Nice fish man, just remember, if they speak English they will definitely not carve they're name in your chest. If u hear any words that don't sound familiar, then wave a weapon around, cause you are in extreme danger!! :lol:

A
alm21
Nice fish and that's some good looking water. Ahhh, just pack your gear and then start tossing rocks into the hole before you go. Nothing like dropping a grenade in the room and leaving. ;)

Or you could do this.... :D (yeah, it's a repost but something to behold)

[video=youtube;2-ca0Oq3IMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ca0Oq3IMQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:
B
Backtrolling
Kingswebber4 said:
Good point, although I don't like confrontation with people like that, a consealed weapons permit wouldn't be a bad thing to have. They can fish dorans pond for dinner food if they can't obey the fishing regs and common courtesy. I wish OSP was around more[/

I fish with a Hispanic and we've been harassed by white guys who think they own the river. They think he has no right being there, and said I could fish it as long as my buddy just watched. Trust me it goes both ways.

The last thing we need is another immature individual With a CCW thinking it makes them tough. 90% of my buddies carry yet I have never seen a weapon. If your willing to show it over a fishing hole, stolen property, or any reason that isn't life threatening you should not be allowed to carry. If you show it or point it you better be ready to face the legal consequences. IMO

Reactions: mahmichael and BobbiDollPDX
M
mahmichael
That is crazy man, now since some people may have a gun, every has to carry a gun? There should be no gun at the first place. Most of the shooting in this country and recent ones happened using legal guns!!! Legal semi-automatic gun!! WTF?
Just know that some people are making money out of people being scared of each other. Be scared and buy guns!!
Watch this video, it says how this kinda stuff happens.

http://youtu.be/pD6DiUFxkLM

G
GDBrown
Kingswebber4 said:
Good point, although I don't like confrontation with people like that, a consealed weapons permit wouldn't be a bad thing to have. They can fish dorans pond for dinner food if they can't obey the fishing regs and common courtesy. I wish OSP was around more

If you even think they are doing something illegal please go find a phone and call OSP! There is a number on your license. I have done so and the officers are always grateful for the help. I called them with a report of illegal fishing techniques and only gave them a license number from a car. An Officer called me back at 10PM to say they had tracked the offender to Beaverton and he thanked me for the help.

J
JeannaJigs
mahmichael said:
That is crazy man, now since some people may have a gun, every has to carry a gun? There should be no gun at the first place. Most of the shooting in this country and recent ones happened using legal guns!!! Legal semi-automatic gun!! WTF?
Just know that some people are making money out of people being scared of each other. Be scared and buy guns!!
Watch this video, it says how this kinda stuff happens.

http://youtu.be/pD6DiUFxkLM

Guns don't kill people, and guns are not evil. It is the people using them. There is nothing wrong with being properly armed to responsibly protect yourself. I've carried a semi-auto handgun for 10 years for protection purposes in the wilderness and at home, and for the fun of shooting at the range. I've never gone on a killing spree and my arm hasnt turned evil from handling said gun.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I'm am on the 'leave it to karma' side of things here....and also, nice fish.

M
mahmichael
JeannaJigs said:
Guns don't kill people, and guns are not evil. It is the people using them. There is nothing wrong with being properly armed to responsibly protect yourself. I've carried a semi-auto handgun for 10 years for protection purposes in the wilderness and at home, and for the fun of shooting at the range. I've never gone on a killing spree and my arm hasnt turned evil from handling said gun.

I don't agree Jeanna, some people can handle it like you, some people can't handle it. A gun is too dangerous to have just for case. Look at the other countries, compare the numbers. 88 out of 100 Americans have guns, the next country is Yemen with 55 out of 100.
in 2007, 266 people were shot everyday, one third killed. Gun is not the answer here.

Imagine if everyone has a gun, how would a fight end up?! How would a fight end up if one of the people show the others that he has a gun? Can you imagine that? That would be a disaster.

S
seanandrenee
50 lb braid, heavy lure, opps...i felt a fish and had to set the hook

S
seanandrenee
Although very tempted on many occasion to try my last post, though I never have, I am usually successfull with good 'ole human communication. We are all out after the same thing and sometimes just having a short conversation or even game of charades about how to cast in sink starting with the down river fisherman work wonders. The thing about being a banker (and my girlfriend and I are...... man I wish I had a boat) is that you have to realize that the really good holes are going have a lot of word of mouth and therefore a lot of congestion. Work with what you can and if you have to move on..move on, few fish are worth jail time, an extended hospital or worse. ( a record blue fin might be worth a hernia though:).There is always a lot of fishable water that you can get to with a 5-15 minute walk/hike that most people won't extend the energy to get to. I do however have the state police on speed dial and don't hesitate for a minute to call if the fishing gets illegal. Just remember to have a very good description about the offenders including race, height, appx. weight, clothing, gear....and most importantly location. Make sure you can give pretty accurate directions to where you are including the body of water, mile markers, cross streets, etc. You do have to pay attention on the drive/walk/hike in. The OSP/ODFW does take poaching/illegal fishing very seriously and I make sure that all around can hear that I am calling and make sure that one or two more anglers are on board with my calling for story verification. I am an ex-police officer so I do all of the above by nature and if everyone is taking responsibility for managing our fisheries they will be better, more productive, and more enjoyable for all.

E
eggs
mahmichael said:
Imagine if everyone has a gun, how would a fight end up?! How would a fight end up if one of the people show the others that he has a gun? Can you imagine that? That would be a disaster.

If everyone had a gun and everyone knew everyone had one... there would be very few fights unless it was worth dying for.

M
mahmichael
eggs said:
If everyone had a gun and everyone knew everyone had one... there would be very few fights unless it was worth dying for.

That is not true. If one knows the other one has a gun, he would shoot as soon as possible because he thinks the other one is going to shoot! So the one shoots first will be alive!!
The other fact is, if everyone had a gun, in the next step, everyone thinks he needs to have a bullet-proof jacket!! Or a better gun, etc.

While there is no need for that. Why in this country everyone thinks they need a gun? that's the real question!

E
eggs
You think he would if he knew every person involved or not was going to legally shoot him back.?

Need a gun... legal or not the criminals will have them.

M
mahmichael
eggs said:
You think he would if he knew every person involved or not was going to legally shoot him back.?

Need a gun... legal or not the criminals will have them.

Alright. I'm not gonna continue anymore, but ten years from now you'll wish we had much more gun control that we have today.
If you can, take a look at the number of LEGAL guns in peoples hand and the number of people shot with LEGAL guns in the past ten years.

J
JeannaJigs
More people die from MVC's. Are we going to ban motor vehicles too?

I agree to disagree on the subject of gun control. I will maintain responsible gun ownership until the day I die, as I have most of my life.

M
mahmichael
JeannaJigs said:
More people die from MVC's. Are we going to ban motor vehicles too?

I agree to disagree on the subject of gun control. I will maintain responsible gun ownership until the day I die, as I have most of my life.

You can do what you think is good for you, that's for sure. But since you asked, this year death by guns has become more than death by motor vehicles!! And this is just the beginning...

R
Roolinghills
My last time on the Wilson I was threatened with a pistol for asking a guy to keep his dog on a leash.

"If everyone had a gun and everyone knew everyone had one... there would be very few fights unless it was worth dying for. " - The problem is what some people think is "worth" dying for.. or starting problems with balls bigger than what they're born with.

Guns are for sissies. I have stronger words for my views on this, but this is not the place. My point - if you really want to threaten someone, do it right and put your fists up. Stainless steel can make anyone think they're tough...

And really, you don't think there's an "inflated sense of justice" when it comes to the guys willing to threaten someone with a gun OVER FISHING? I don't care what they did. I don't care what language they speak or where you think they came from. It's just fishing, and you always have the option to get up and find a new spot. Having a gun doesn't put you in a position to dictate right vs. wrong.

I'm astounded that guns have become such a topic when the thread was started in discussion of someone's line being cast over. And somehow we get to guns. Yes, they are a problem. And yes, I'm against them. This thread is a great example of WHY.