Fresh meat!!!

M
Mad dog
Not the biggest bull of the woods but he'll eat good! Hard to pass up a legal animal on public land, especially at 15 yds....and with fall chinook and coho coming!!!

Actually he has college orientation and getting ready for school this fall, not very much time to be picky!
IMG_0691.jpg
IMG_0686.jpg
002-25.jpg

G
GDBrown
That is going to be great meat in the freezer for the upcoming winter! Way to make the shot!

E
eugene1
That's awesome Mad dog!

Lot's o meat on that big boy,

A
azbohunter
Way to go, great shot placement!

J
JeannaJigs
Dammit. I'm hungry. Excellent looking chunk of tasty meat.

F
fishindude
Nicely done. Some good eating in the months ahead.:clap::clap:

R
rum runner
congrats!

M
Mad dog
azbohunter said:
Way to go, great shot placement!

Well.....the 1st shot was anyway! ;)

The bull went 15 yds and collapsed straight down, didn't fall over sideways, didn't whirl or spin, just fell straight down and laid there. The 1st arrow was for sure lethal but as I have told my sons before, if the animal is still alive and the opportunity presents itself, get a killshot in! Daniel was unaware of the exact angle the bull was at as it was lying in the brush, as you can tell by the green stomach matter! :rolleyes: But it did the job and the bull was finished!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice harvest!

A
azbohunter
Funny, I didn't even see the green stuff!!??:D At that point I am sure it didn't matter. I am sure the adrenaline was pumping pretty hard at that time. My Arizona cow tag starts Sept. 14th, can't wait but right now I am really missing Oregon, got home yesterday to 105:redface:

M
Mad dog
azbohunter said:
Funny, I didn't even see the green stuff!!??:D At that point I am sure it didn't matter. I am sure the adrenaline was pumping pretty hard at that time. My Arizona cow tag starts Sept. 14th, can't wait but right now I am really missing Oregon, got home yesterday to 105:redface:

Hey....funny thing....My brother-in-law just moved to Phoenix from Vancouver a month ago! Too damned hot down there for me!

A
azbohunter
Mad dog said:
Too damned hot down there for me!
But compared to the NW in the winter? Sunshine and warm, 8 months of that and 4 months in Oregon works for me!

M
mastercaster
I would have been plenty happy with that elk . Nice work guys

A
azbohunter
2012cow.jpg
Had a cow hunt in Arizona (my home state) so had to leave Oregon before I was really ready but my hunt only lasted 3 days, meat in the freezer.

H
halibuthitman
Arizona.. the land of the 400 bull... nut up and go get em, but don't forget the sunscreen. And in the proverbial words of my grandfather who killed 30 elk legally and 200... well, anyway.. "any elk is a good elk" great job man!

M
Mad dog
azbohunter said:
Had a cow hunt in Arizona (my home state) so had to leave Oregon before I was really ready but my hunt only lasted 3 days, meat in the freezer.

Nice cow....meat in the freezer!!! :clap:

D
dtikey
great job guys and nice elk....any elk with a bow is a trophy and nothing better on the dinner table

T
troutmasta
My next adventure...hunting

A
azbohunter
Not sure if fishing is something I do went I can't be hunting or is hunting I do when I can't be fishing?? I leave for 3 weeks of archery deer hunting in Kansas in a couple weeks, rut should be in full swing, and talk about good eating venison, fatten up on corn, wheat and milo! I love it all and can't wait to get back to Oregon for fishing, in the mean time I will hunt deer, javelina and turkey and chase crappie and bass in Arizona. Retirement is a wonderful thing!