Found another in the Big C.

T
Toyracer38
Still slow fishing. Only saw 3 Steelhead and one other Springer (wild) landed today, for 20+ rods. Seems not to be a go to color as of yet. This one hit a green and black w/mylar wing, spin n' glo, baited with a coon shrimp. Biggest one for me so far this year. Weighed in at 18#.

Last edited by a moderator:
hobster
hobster
Beauty man, looks yummy :thumb:

B
bubs
Awesome, nice work!

E
eugene1
Toyracer38 said:
Still slow fishing

Looks pretty good to me! Congrats again,

D
DrTheopolis
Seems like you're rocking it lately.

C
cdat
Nice, congrats on the springer.

John

F
Fishpdx
I like your rod/reel looks nice!!!

T
Toyracer38
Thanks everyone. I just picked that rod up about a month ago. I was looking for something lighter than the Ugly Stik I was using, which was like fishing with a broomstick. Wanted something that had some bend to it. The guy at Sportsmans warehouse suggested it. Said it would handle casting 6 ounces of lead and if it broke, just bring it back and we will find something else. Plus it was only $50. The reel is a Diawa Saltist. It's a little on the spendy side, but I have had it for a couple years now and truly happy with it.

F
Fishpdx
Toyracer38 said:
Thanks everyone. I just picked that rod up about a month ago. I was looking for something lighter than the Ugly Stik I was using, which was like fishing with a broomstick. Wanted something that had some bend to it. The guy at Sportsmans warehouse suggested it. Said it would handle casting 6 ounces of lead and if it broke, just bring it back and we will find something else. Plus it was only $50. The reel is a Diawa Saltist. It's a little on the spendy side, but I have had it for a couple years now and truly happy with it.

What is your model of the celio? I'm looking for one too and deciding wether okuma celio or okuma sst. I have both rods and love them, i have okuma sst casting mh 20-40lb i use for lingcod and salmon with spinners or jigs, and a celio spinning for steelhead ml action 8-12lbs for bobber fishing
And need a plunk rod to combine with my shimano curado 300 .

T
Toyracer38
It's the CE-C-1062Ha 10'6" Heavy action. Rated 20-60 lbs.