For Halibuthitman

J
john montana
C5-FB0054F19869-37450-00001F89FD47DE98_zps0c338d21.jpg

36 inches long, 26 lbs. Took a san juan worm on the edge of a gravel bar and then tried to chase a barge downriver. I started to wonder if I had enough backing on this one...

hope your quest is completed today Halibuthitman!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What a beast! Beautiful coloring, too. :clap:

T
the_intimidator03
whudathunk gold and bronze would look so good :-D Nice fish John

bass
bass
That is a beast of a fish. It is not overly fat and just looks really strong. Nice job!

T
troutmasta
I never in my wildest dreams thought someone could make a carp look so bad Ass!

Props to You

M
Modest_Man
That's pretty big for a male yeah?

I got a couple on the fly yesterday...not much to brag about though!

J
john montana
Modest_Man said:
That's pretty big for a male yeah?

I got a couple on the fly yesterday...not much to brag about though!

By far the biggest male I have caught...I only see females this big usually. Really cool fish.

S
Surejam
Awesome fish there John..
I am a rookie when it comes to fly fishing but this looks like a blast. Thinking about messing with the carp and see what I can learn, as I have a fly rod and reel laying around from years back. Was never very graceful at fly fishing but ... may be time to try something new again.
Where would I find a few of these San Juan Worms at? Or is it a tie it yourself deal? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Surejam

J
john montana
You should be able to get San Juan's at most fly shops. Most basic nymphs will work in sizes 8-10 as well...I tend to fish smaller flies rather than big crayfish stuff. They are fun on a flyrod! Good luck!

S
Surejam
I'll go see what I can find tomorrow, Thank you again.
Turns out, the fly rods I have kicking around are an older Scientific Anglers "system G" 10wt and some other random brand 5wt.... I will give them both a try and see what happens!

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Beast mode!!!