Flies on the Olallie

lilsalmon

Wow....another great trip with awesome company and a lot of fish to be had by all......

Bigsteel and I got to the campground about 2:30 and lucked out finding a perfect site. We set up camp and I got the waders on and headed out into the water.....no luck but it is a beautiful lake.

Eggs and his wife showed up a bit later and we hit the fishing from the shore. Bigsteel and Eggs brought in a few and I didn't get a thing and slung my gear totally OFF the pole somewhere into the lake...hehe..gear...grrrrr. That was it for me but the guys kept it up and ended up with 6.

In the morning the guys went out in the boat and I headed down to a spot I had found the day before....A nice gentleman along the way gave me some tips, pointers and a couple flies....I put on the one that looked like a mosquito and BAM!!! My first one on the dry fly was about 16"....got it to the bank for the dang picture and my line caught on a branch and snap...it was gone. (later our camp neighbor said he witnessed it coming out of the water numerous times so I was glad I had a witness) It took my "mosquito" though. Got another one later, which is one of the pics. I was told by a camper that they had limited out that morning about 50 feet out. That evening I got back in the waders and headed back.....WOW.....in 1 hour I had 13 fish on, 4 spit the hook and one huge one stole my mayfly and proceeded to come out of the water 3 times after...I really pissed him off. 17 fish all together....It was great!!!!! All on a dry fly (mayfly, adams parachute and the one the nice man gave me:lol:)

The wind was blowing and I was almost chest deep but there was no way I was going to stop but then I realized my fingers weren't feeling much so I trudged back to camp with two of my fishys, #10 and #13 to rub it in....they got 2 on the boat...hehe.

All others were released unharmed.

The guys did great out on Eggs' little wonderful drift boat but they have to tell you that because I wasn't there....oh Bigsteel and I went out and I got two out there too....one while my fly was just dragging behind the boat about 2-3 feet while we were rowing.....niiiiice.

Here are the pics in miscellaneous order....I haven't figured that out yet...

Awesome time! I will post more tomorrow from the computer... but we didn't have a camera so no pics from me..

that was a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i can't believe the amount of mosquitoes,,,but it was well worth it.......most my fish came on a quigleys cripple.....all in all we tallied 34 fish in 2 days......not too bad....

Great Job everyone!!! I'll let you know how well I do. For the guys on the boat was it more productive to try a troll or just anchor out?
I'm heading up there tomorrow morning. I've loaded up with tons of bug spray.

That is actually Mt. Jefferson! I trolled some buggers but nothing but some strikes and no takes.. almost everything was picked up on the dry! we would row around and find structure anchor and toss for a few and then move on.

It is a great lake...I plan on going back there and taking my sons. The water is awesome and obviously the fishing is mighty fine.....

It is a great lake...I plan on going back there and taking my sons. The water is awesome and obviously the fishing is mighty fine.....

Hey Rose,how long did it take you to get there from Breitenbush? I would love to go back up there but don't want to spend all day driving.

Hey Rose,how long did it take you to get there from Breitenbush? I would love to go back up there but don't want to spend all day driving.

It didn't take long at all with Eggs' directions...the last 8 miles were gravel but decent....the road right in to the campgrounds were kind of bumpy and rocky but my PT cruiser made it fine. We left you guys after noon and got to the campground about 2ish. We should make a trip up there...the place I caught all my fishys is actually a day use area, unless your up to some camping. That would be fun and you could bring your flyrod with you.....:D

Hmmmm....definitely something to think about...I still have a 10' rowboat...

Niiice...they also rent boats there...the store is really primitive though so you have to make sure you bring everything you need. We are hoping to take a certain toon up there soon...hehe.

Top Bottom