Fishing @ Paulina Lake

foam-is-home

Fly fishing at the legendary Paulina Lake...

I know most people aren't going to give up their legendary fishing spots, but I'm curious about learning how to fly fish Paulina lake.

I won't have a boat, kayak or any other floating device so I'll be walking the banks and will have waders. Is wader fishing a technique that could work here? Every story and picture I know about revolves around a boat, and unfortunately that isn't an option for me.

Anyone have any tips for fly fishing Paulina Lake without a boat?

Thanks!
- Foam is home

4labs

Paulina is a tuff one off the bank. East is the fly fishers mecca
Was up there last week and fish were rising 10 ft from the bank on the north side
Maybe MrCaptBlueSkull will send another report
Ill be up there 22-23

Aervax

Most Featured
@foam-is-home
Send me a private message next time you are near The Dalles. I have so many extra float tubes and kick fins I will set you up with an old style tube and fins free of charge. It wont be anything special, but it will get you floating where you can cast to the fish. Just pay it back to someone else in similar fashion a few years down the road when you are in position to do the same for the next guy making the leap from traditional tackle to fly gear. Better yet, teach a kid to fish.

foam-is-home

@foam-is-home
Send me a private message next time you are near The Dalles. I have so many extra float tubes and kick fins I will set you up with an old style tube and fins free of charge. It wont be anything special, but it will get you floating where you can cast to the fish. Just pay it back to someone else in similar fashion a few years down the road when you are in position to do the same for the next guy making the leap from traditional tackle to fly gear. Better yet, teach a kid to fish.
Thank you @hobster! I will definitely take you up on that offer.

foam-is-home

Paulina is a tuff one off the bank. East is the fly fishers mecca
Was up there last week and fish were rising 10 ft from the bank on the north side
Maybe MrCaptBlueSkull will send another report
Ill be up there 22-23
Please let me know!! Thanks for the reply.

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom