Fishing in the heat!

Bucknasty
Had about an hour to kill yesterday waiting for my wife to get off work so i decided to go fish for something other than steelhead :shock: on some local waters to eugene, I toss the 3# echo and my ultralight 2-6lb trout rod that i just got for my birthday into the SUV and head for the river at noon thirty. :cool: I had my gear scattered everywhere since im used to being in my boat which feels so organized.. I realized i had no focus and just started grabbing small lures and flies from my well organized gear box and tossing them into any pocket i could find and start bush wacking down to the river :rolleyes: Wow that looks clear..HMMMM only have dry flies and nothing is rising so i put on an x caddis and make a couple of casts..Nothing. Well lets try out that new trout rod i think to myself as i pull a #1 blue fox out of my pocket...Guess this will work since what i put in my pocket is what i have haha.. on my second cast across and upstream i start my slow retrieve...bump.. thats bottom speed up my retrieve.. BAM!! THROB THROB.... WOAH, This ultalight sure makes those trout feel like stee...THATS BECAUSE IT IS A STEELHEAD!! The nice lil hen takes off downstream like a bat outta hell going aerial about every ten feet with me on the bank in hot pursuit with a trout rod and 4lb mono :lol: I sprint as fast as i can through two riffles downstream and after about ten min tire her out enough to land her! Not a bad way to break in a new trout rod:) Cheers, Bob

fishingfreak
:clap:Great post! Nice Fish! Good Job Man!:clap:

Johnny Southpaw
Awesome! Love it when you have an unexpected dance with steel like that!

18406ej
Nice fish! Thanks for the entertaining report

nwkiller
nice fish man, nice celio, same rod i got

BobbiDollPDX
Best post I've read in awhile. Way to tell it!

JeannaJigs
Lol good job not fishin' for steelhead :) They're thick through town still

elwoodnicklow
I feel for you Bob... trout rod madness indeed! It's been a long time since the last time I caught something like that... but I'm sure next time I go out fishing, there will be a steelhead waiting for me.. goodluck on your next fishing adventure!

Top Bottom