Fishing along McLoughlin? odd...

J
jrbecca
Are you familiar with McLoughlin, just north of Milwaukie? The tree-lined section with a substantial sports park on the west side, rail construction on the east side?

In the sports park are a couple of sunken "rinks" that I mostly recall being empty in the summer and used by skaters. While driving past this weekend, I noticed it filled with water and several anglers gathered round with lines in.

What might they be fishing for?

F
flyguy202011
casting ponds :) No fish in there

J
jrbecca
Really? I did not see much casting going on, just a lot of lines sitting in the water. Interesting! Do you know how to access that park?

G
Goodtimes
I live a few blocks from the casting pond. It's a great park for kids too. When heading south on mcgloughlin exit Westmoreland. Fishing is illegal and a few park rangers let me know it when I was teaching my kids to cast in the duck pond instead of the casting pond. No ticket, just a warning that I was in the wrong pond.

R
Roolinghills
I'm just north in the Brooklyn area, used to be in Sellwood. Only thing I've seen in the rectangular one is goose droppings. I'm not sure about the other one. It looks natural, but I don't know about anything holding in there.

Maybe a little kid casting class?? If it was adults I have no idea what they were doing.

Top Bottom