First steelies!!!

C
collegekidusa
Went fishing twice in the past five days, caught my first steelhead Friday and another Tuesday. Went out by myself on Friday and finally caught one of those suckers. Then yesterday went out with my good buddy TroutMasta and for the first time I was the one catching the fish, lol. Although the fish were few and far between I managed to get one right in the kisser, bam!!! Catching these guys makes it worth all the times I didn't. Thanks for rollin out with me TroutMasta.

CollegeKidUsa

• 2012-01-31_11-21-13_484.jpg
  • 2012-01-27 13.08.09.jpg
Reactions: JeannaJigs and n8r1
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
WOOHOO!! :dance::dance: CONGRATULATIONS!!:clap::clap::clap:
In my opinion that is the second best feeling in the world. :D You are going to be totally addicted now. Hope you are prepared to surrender your social life,eating, sleeping, working, and anything else not "Steel"...:doh: There is no help for you...:lol::lol:

S
Santiam338
Yep, your toast now...:shock:

Congrats.:D

J
Johnny Southpaw
Santiam338 said:
Yep, your toast now...:shock:

Congrats.:D

Yep. Exactly.

J
JeannaJigs
Heck yeah! Nice fish for sure. Steelitis really is a filthy disease...you will suddenly get bouts of "explosive stomach trouble" and sadlynot be able to go to work, but the river will cure you...until the next time. By the end of the year they will just assume you have crohn's disease and will accept your call ins without question, though who really is comfortable to question that call in to begin with?

Good luck in your addiction...you aren't alone.

J
jabs67
Way to go get em!!!!! Nice steel!!!!

S
shimano22
Ben man, its been awhile! give me a shout sometime my phone stopped working when i got back in virginia and i lost all my contacts same number now though. tell Jeff i say hi too. congrats on the slime rocket its about time you get one of those things makes up for all those trips we took where you would come home empty handed.

O
OnTheDrop
JeannaJigs said:
Heck yeah! Nice fish for sure. Steelitis really is a filthy disease...you will suddenly get bouts of "explosive stomach trouble" and sadlynot be able to go to work, but the river will cure you...until the next time. By the end of the year they will just assume you have crohn's disease and will accept your call ins without question, though who really is comfortable to question that call in to begin with?

Good luck in your addiction...you aren't alone.

haha, absolutely. Your posts are always rad.

F
fishsauce
Congrats on the fishies! Good job.

K
Kevinb5688
Looks like you were fishing above the hatchery?
I may be mistaken but if you were, i have caught a few up there too. Nice fish man. Now you have to go for the elusive limit!

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Hear hear! You'll never be the same again. Congratulations, brother.

T
troutmasta
Good times bro! Cheers again. I had a blast. (Despite no fish and a snapped rod). Well done!:clap:!

Chromatose
Chromatose
Congrats,,,the Cheshire grin says it all.

N
nwkiller
that native is so nice!!!!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish!

L
LuckyToBeFishing
Oooh Jealous... Jealous again. That's me.

I haven't gotten one yet. Reading these posts gets me super excited for my first one. Tight lines!