First Steelhead on a jig!

B
bigsteel
nice...your slayin em...

S
SlamNasty56
Nice fish man. I still gotta get my first steely on a jig!

Z
ZeeBorn
I'm really liking bobber and jig! I get to make my own tackle, I can cover a ton of water, Its super easy to tell if you got a bite, it's much more convenient than bate and it's effective! What more do you need?
To all of you who have yet to ketch your first seelhead on a jig, stick with it, practice, read about it, watch videos, talk to other fisherman and you'll get it down and be in the fish.
Good luck all!

Z
ZeeBorn
That's a very good looking jig!
Can you tie them with a white head, red hackle, black body and black tail w/crystal flash? If so I will buy some from you.

How is this Mike? let me know if you want any changes? I think I'd go with 4 strands of crystal flash rather then 3. 4 is much easier to make symmetrical.

And you know what, I just realized you said "crystal flash" and I used Flashabou on this one. I'll do yours with crystal flash unless you'd rather have the Flashabou.

M
Mike123

NICE! :clap: No the flashabou looks killer! Yea do 4 then that sounds good! I should be sending you the money by Wednesday.. this MLK day screwed me over for getting my check..

S
SlamNasty56
finally got my steelhead on a bobber and jig yesterday! goin again today

Z
ZeeBorn
finally got my steelhead on a bobber and jig yesterday! goin again today
Nice dude! Grats! Told you persistence pays off. Did you get any pics? What color jig?

O
OnTheDrop
Nice dude! Grats! Told you persistence pays off. Did you get any pics? What color jig?

Hey thats my buddy and i was with him.. Pretty much the exact same color as that pic above..He had another one on too for a minute..

A
Anyfishisfine
Nice job! The jigs I made have caught steelhead, just not by me yet

B
BobberDown

nice looking jigs those are just like my twitching jigs the schlappen makes them come alive. or at least that is what i use to make the body on mine i also use flashabou on those. the flashabuo has a more hydrolic pollusating moshoin so for a twiching jig it works awsome. keep up the good work. there is nothing like cauching a fish on a hand crafted jig

Z
ZeeBorn
I hit the upper Wilson today and got my third winter on a jig! Got this one on the pink jig again. I can't seam to get anything but natives, I need to bring home some dinner soon! I wounder if I just happened to come up with a jig that natives like more than hatcheries do? Yes, I know that's not the best way to hold a native but I was careful not to touch it's gills.

S
steelheadstalker31
I don't think the jig has anything to do with catching natives vs hatchery fish. Just luck of the draw.