first attempt at sandshrip jigs

N
NoobTooner
so i saw graphites prawn and it got me thinking..:think:
and after a few months i figured i'd give it a shot and this is what i ended up with.

i was going for a nice soft sandshrimp so there's no epoxy.
every one is loaded a little differently too(some hot pink, some peach and white and one with all three).
i'm a little concerned that they might be too much.
any thoughts?
P6120016.jpg

B
beaverfan
I think they will fish just fine! Nice job!

S
SantiamDrifter
For summer steelhead, you can never go wrong with something small. If they dont produce fish for you, you might think about downsizing. A lot of times guys will only fish the tail of a sandshrimp for summer's. Maybe a small peach/white body with a few legs? IMHO I think fish are more attracted to sandshrimp for the scent then the look. Maybe you could come up with something that holds scent better then marabou.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Theyll catch fish

N
NoobTooner
SantiamDrifter said:
For summer steelhead, you can never go wrong with something small....Maybe you could come up with something that holds scent better then marabou.

I was thinking the same thing about the size. I'm gonna have to take another trip to the shop for materials and smaller jig heads.
on the other hand, i did pack the bodies with yarn instead of marabou thinking the yarn would hold a nice dose of shrimp nectar. it was part of the reason i didn't use any fur also. because in my exp, fur tends to slick with shrimp oil and you loose all of that great action.

hopefully graphite zen will pop in here and throw down some advise on smaller materials and stuff. ( btw thanks to him for the inspiration ) i'll be taking 9 days of starting this coming wknd and we'll give all of em a try on some of these summers. i plan on tying up a few dark ones too.
i'll post them and the process later.
tight lines dudes!

G
gonagin
Looks to me me like they ought to work just fine, nice job!