Finally caught my first one on a fly rod!!!!!!

S
spmpdr
So i went out fishing yesterday on the crooked, it was a beautiful day and perfect water for fishing. This time i used no split shot and i was getting hits every 20-30 minutes. I got this guy on a prince nymph with a wooly bugger trailer .He hit the nymph hard!!!
100MEDIA_IMAG0292.jpg

I also had a really nice rainbow on the wooly bugger later in the day and he shook off at the very end right when i went down grab him!!! Time to buy a net;)

H
halibuthitman
:clap::D:clap:

F
fishingfreak
Nice Job! Congratulations!

B
bigsteel
way to go man,ive been waiting to see when you would get your first,,,how was the fight?

G
GDBrown
Great job.... It take time but all scrifices are rewarded eventually!

GD

B
benkearney
Congrats.

M
mrlindeman
Bravo!!! Nice Fnishy!! :0 Keep up the great work, and yes get a net with one of those magnetic holders, They ROCK!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
congrats bro thats a beauty!

S
spmpdr
bigsteel said:
way to go man,ive been waiting to see when you would get your first,,,how was the fight?

The fight was fun , he didn't want to be on that hook tha for sure, it was about 2 min ,i just let him do his thing. I kinda panicked at first when i set the hook , i had about 10 ft of line mend or slack and im so used to fishing with a reg pole that i just started realing and the line went limp , then i remembered to keep my finger on the line while i reel in the slack line . luckily the hook was set good and he didn't get away!!!

B
bigsteel
spmpdr said:
The fight was fun , he didn't want to be on that hook tha for sure, it was about 2 min ,i just let him do his thing. I kinda panicked at first when i set the hook , i had about 10 ft of line mend or slack and im so used to fishing with a reg pole that i just started realing and the line went limp , then i remembered to keep my finger on the line while i reel in the slack line . luckily the hook was set good and he didn't get away!!!

excellent job thats what its all about,,you gotta love when u panic out,,thats when u know u want that fish,,,great job man