Finally broke the skunk

M
mthoodrider
It's about time!! since it was my birthday yesterday, the wife told me I could do anything I wanted:D. Hmmm:think::think: that's a tough one. Of course the kiddo and I went fishing. We went to the Trojan Pond. Both of us have had a pretty unlucky start this year so we had to settle for nuclear mutated fish :lol::lol::lol::lol: It was a blast, followed the good old instinct and found a nice hole. Caught our limit in about 3 hours and released a bunch more. It was my first time using power eggs, I'm hooked on it now. It felt really good watching The Tyatanator catching some fish.
:clap::clap::clap:

N
n8r1
Pink Power Eggs? I used Lemon-Lime and Chartreuse with no luck, then switched to Pink after about 30 minutes and couldn't keep them off my line.

Nice fish! Good to see a little guy having so much fun :)

N
nwkiller
nice ork, way to get the kid into a bunch

M
mthoodrider
We stuck with a pink and green pwreggs. Watch out for some angry geese. lol. It will definitely teach your kid not to chase them. :lol::lol:

G
GDBrown
mthoodrider said:
We stuck with a pink and green pwreggs. Watch out for some angry geese. lol. It will definitely teach your kid not to chase them. :lol::lol:

Ya! they will chase back!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Mthoodrider...great job! Glad the kiddo had fun too (even the "big" kiddo)!

I thought you might like to read a thread that I started, about Power Eggs. There's been a lot added to it since too.

Berkley's Power Eggs...best thing since Apple Pie!!!

D
dtikey
nice job doing your part of passing it on.looks like you guys had fun and caught some some nice trout.

F
fishnquest
Thats a lucky kid right there! He's got someone who takes him fishing. Happy Easter.

M
mthoodrider
Thanks guys. I'm the lucky one to have him as a fishing buddy.:):)
That trip was a great lesson for him, now he says he'll only chase ducks, because they don't chase him back.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

T
Throbbit _Shane
Good job guys!!!

Feels good to kill that skunk :D

Now you need to buy a smoker for all the limits you guys will catch :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah get a smoker thats half the fun for trout fishing. Good job getting the kid out.

T
troutmasta
Cheers to Power Bait!

M
mthoodrider
After i get a new salmon pole my plans are to get a smoker. Any suggestions??

T
Throbbit _Shane
The little chiefs works just fine. i can fit 10-15 trout in it.

S
steelhead_stalkers
You might want something a little bit bigger if you plan on smoking steelhead or salmon. They fill up pretty fast! ;)