Finally a hen

M
metalmania
Got to eagle creek bright and early hoping to bank a few of these new chrome fish. I had forgotten to respool my reel which only had about ten yards of line on it and on my fifth cast it all went out and I was left with nothin but an empty reel and a big fat frown on my face. I also forgot to bring my backup reels as well as line so I jumped in my truck and hauled a$$ back home yelling all the way. Finally I was back on the water at 9:30 and ten minutes after My first cast fish on. Once I got her in the net I saw it was a hen and jumped around with joy and yelled it's about damn time ( some of you may have heard me). Finally after a dozen bucks I get a nice chrome hen and a pile of eggs, I guess 13 must be my lucky number. After that I hooked one more but apparently it didn't feel like playin and spit my hook, but i've learned many times over that you can't get them all. Good luck to you all.

B
bigdog
Nice job on the hen. So what part of the creek you been fishing? I fish that creek all the time wondering if I have fished near you and didn't even know it.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Real beauty

Real beauty

metalmania;
Congratulations on a real beauty! Dang! Wish my sink was all stinky and bloody like that....great way to spend the day. Be sfe.

M
metalmania
Big dog: I spend most of my time fishing below the ladder especially lately since the crowds seem to have vanished, but when theres heavier pressure I hit the hatchery holes or just wade around and hit small pocket water. I'm up there at least 3 or 4 times a week so if you see a red ford f150 parked up there i'm probably not to far away so come on down and we can hit up a couple holes and bonk a few chromers. Raincatcher: thank you very much, it's always a good day when your house smells like dead fish, that makes one person in my house that thinks so.

A
ArcticAmoeba
I have been having the opposite problem. I have banked dozens of hens, and literally a hand full of bucks. I have cured close to 30 pounds of Winter Steelhead eggs this year. I wish I could get into more males. They taste a lot better than the brightest hens. For stinky Sewer Trout.;) Haha, I recognize the trucks' description. With the Maltese cross sticker in the rear window? I used to rock the '81, cut fendered and bobbed, orange and black 'Yote on 35's.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
fogey in the fog

fogey in the fog

AA;
For crying out loud,now I feel like I was born in the stone age! :rolleyes: Could you, for the sake of the 'out-of-touch,over-the-hill-bunch',explain what the hell that last sentence means? :confused: I have tried to decipher it,but....help... :think:??? ;)
Barb

L
luv2fish
:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

A
ArcticAmoeba
Ah Barb you crack me up! I crack myself up too though... A 1981 Toyota single cab pick-up. Cut fender openings for larger tires, and axle flex clearance. Bobbed, is just slang for a shortened bed. Helps with departure angles, in other words you can drive down a steeper hill, and the transition to flatground can be rather abrupt, with no hang up issues. And I normally run a 35" tire, but sometimes I ran 37's, and 33's as well. Just stupid "wheelin" talk!:rolleyes::lol:

M
mainman
very nice

very nice

i was up there a while ago and pulled in a hen it was a hoot... what did you catch this one on?

M
metalmania
Ya AA that was my truck. Wow 30 pounds of eggs right on man. I was prayin for 1 batch but with 30 pounds i'd be happier than a pig in $*&#. Bet your really gonna give them springers hell. Great job man.

Mainman I took her on a red corkie and dark red yarn.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Not a fish? Whew!

Not a fish? Whew!

ArcticAmoeba said:
Ah Barb you crack me up! I crack myself up too though... A 1981 Toyota single cab pick-up. Cut fender openings for larger tires, and axle flex clearance. Bobbed, is just slang for a shortened bed. Helps with departure angles, in other words you can drive down a steeper hill, and the transition to flatground can be rather abrupt, with no hang up issues. And I normally run a 35" tire, but sometimes I ran 37's, and 33's as well. Just stupid "wheelin" talk!:rolleyes::lol:

AA;
Thank goodness! I was afraid I was gonna have to learn about some weird new fish,and I have been overloaded trying to read and re-read post by the dozens here as it is. "Wheelin" talk is fine, as long as you don't mind me raising my hand....:D Be safe.
Barb

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
That was funny Barb!! :lol::lol:

Funny stuff also metalmania... Similar to the time I loaded up my boat to head out. Stoked, I mean ready to ROCK, get to the lake..

and....

no rods.

:mad::mad::mad::mad: I thought I was gonna LOSE IT!

B
bigdog
ArcticAmoeba said:
I have been having the opposite problem. I have banked dozens of hens, and literally a hand full of bucks. I have cured close to 30 pounds of Winter Steelhead eggs this year. I wish I could get into more males. They taste a lot better than the brightest hens. For stinky Sewer Trout.;) Haha, I recognize the trucks' description. With the Maltese cross sticker in the rear window? I used to rock the '81, cut fendered and bobbed, orange and black 'Yote on 35's.

what do you mean use to? You get rid of the toy?

A
ArcticAmoeba
Kaboom! Shredded the low range in my transfer case, and stripped three teeth off of my pinion gear in the rear.

Anyhoo, back on subject a little bit... Metal, have you seen many of the "below the falls" finned fish yet. They normally begin to show up about now, but it varies a bit every year. But if its anything like the previous seasons, they won't show until May!

N
ninja2010
GraphiteZen said:
That was funny Barb!! :lol::lol:

Funny stuff also metalmania... Similar to the time I loaded up my boat to head out. Stoked, I mean ready to ROCK, get to the lake..

and....

no rods.

:mad::mad::mad::mad: I thought I was gonna LOSE IT!

:lol::lol::lol: rotflmao :lol::lol::lol: classic!

M
metalmania
Only finned fish i've banked this year was a fat buck right in front of the riverside parking lot. To tell the truth in all my time on the eagle I think i've only banked 1 finned fish. Don't know why but I never seem to bring any fins to the bank up there. Now the clack is a different story as I always seem to be gettin the nates.