/Fern Ridge/ 4/7/09

S
specreck
Went to check out the water levels and temp at the Ditch and try for some early bass. Water temp at the Orchard Point was 48 degrees and along the damn and rocky levy around the marina the water temp was 50 degrees just off the rocks. Saw some fish on the radar hanging off 10 foot water along the rocks near the damn and near the marina but no bite with jigs/cranks/and spinner. Headed back into coyote creek area and water temp was 58 degrees and saw fish and small bait schools off of sharp ledges and deep trees. Again no takers...I must have fished around one ledge and tree for about an hour trying to truth my radar. Carp were all over the place spawning, kept snagging carp with my crank bait they were that thick back there. Sometimes there would be five or six in a ball tumbling with each other in just inches of grass. I plan to go back with my fly and see I can get one to bite. By after noon the water was extremely rough and it was a tough ride back to the ramp, no bass, even saw another member from our site, Basslips. He said he had been out the last week and also had no bites and I'm pretty sure that guy knows that lake pretty well. I think the fish are in my spots, just not active as I would like.

T
TTFishon
Nice carp. Have you gone under the train trestle and up Coyote Cr? There's lots of great looking bass water up there. If you can squeeze your boat under the Hwy and the trestle I think you'd like what you see.

S
specreck
TTFishon said:
Nice carp. Have you gone under the train trestle and up Coyote Cr? There's lots of great looking bass water up there. If you can squeeze your boat under the Hwy and the trestle I think you'd like what you see.

Never tried up that way, I thaught there was a do not enter sign if I remeber from wanting to hunt ducks up that way last season. I will have to have a look next time I'm out there. I spend a lot of time in coyote creek know that area well after taking pictures all winter of the structures while the water was down.

T
TTFishon
specreck said:
Never tried up that way, I thaught there was a do not enter sign if I remeber from wanting to hunt ducks up that way last season. I will have to have a look next time I'm out there. I spend a lot of time in coyote creek know that area well after taking pictures all winter of the structures while the water was down.

I don't know about a, do not enter sign, but last year I put my 12 foot aluminum in Coyote CR off of Cantrell Rd and followed the creek all the way up and under the two bridges and then went back. I didn't see one do not enter sign. I'm going to try to find the pictures I took. I think you will like them.

F
Finneus Polebender
speaking of carp

speaking of carp

Was fishin bass on delta pond thurs saw a bass chasin somethin went over to investigate never saw him again but while sitting there a monster carp come up a nd did the whale breach thing half way out the thing was 20 inches kinda starteled my ass. The bass fishin is pickin up considerably out at delta though.

S
SDK
If it's the area I'm thinking of, the signs say "no boats with motors" on the south side of the highway/railroad. It's oars or kick fins only....

S
specreck
TTFishon said:
Here's a pic. This spot is a wide spot. Most of the creek is about 20 to 30 feet across.
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq290/tedfishmon/Picture.jpg

that's on the fern ridge side I believe right the bridge is behind that photo?
That entire channel is great for bass!!
Thanks for the heads up with the deltas, will have to hit that up soon. My son and I caught quite a few nice fish out of there last year before the grass bloomed. I will have to balance my turkey hunting with my fishing now so many things to do!!

T
TTFishon
specreck said:
that's on the fern ridge side I believe right the bridge is behind that photo?
That entire channel is great for bass!!
Thanks for the heads up with the deltas, will have to hit that up soon. My son and I caught quite a few nice fish out of there last year before the grass bloomed. I will have to balance my turkey hunting with my fishing now so many things to do!!

The bridge is north of the picture.