February Chrome

B
BlackBass
Had a chance to get out and dome some fishing, headed to the Nestucca fished 4th bridge area. I started fishing bobber/shrimp with out any bites, switched over to some cherise yarn with some scent, and landed a nice 8 lb native. Shortly after i switched over to flame orange yarn and landed another nice 10 lb hen. Both fish were caught using bobber and yarn, released unharmed :) Look at the home made float :rolleyes: it works , but i understand the lol's that its gonna get :) 1/2 of a 1 oz WS float . Sorry bout the cell phone pics.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice looking fish man!

C
Cohosanders
:cool:Dem nates sure are perdy...:clap:

M
Mad dog
Very nice fish!

B
bernduffy
So you catch a nice one with a taped over cork bobber,,,and I am skunked with a $7 Drennan float. Who's laughin at who...?

B
BlackBass
:) As long as it floats right. Not actually a taped up cork bobber but close, its the bottom half of a 1 oz west coast float. If you look close enough next to my boot, is my bobber stop any guess to what i used?

Last edited:
T
todd_brooks
Nice! I love to see fish caught with some handy work/ self made improved gear. Camo bob looks stealthy and I thought I might be the only one to use a corky for a stop in a pinch OK maybe not ,but. It still gives me a little hope that the out of the norm can pay off now and again.

J
jeffcycles
BlackBass said:
:) As long as it floats right. Not actually a taped up cork bobber but close, its the bottom half of a 1 oz west coast float. If you look close enough next to my boot, is my bobber stop any guess to what i used?

Perhaps a corky with a toothpick jammed in it?

B
BlackBass
On the other side of my foot , you can see the rubber band i used for my float stop. I only use this method when im fishing 5-6' deep. I dont like to reel the rubber band into the eyes of my rod :) I fish goofy sometimes, but never overlook the important factors to catching steelhead, presentation presentation presentation.