Epic, awsome, best day of fishing in my life!

H
Herefishyfishy
Yesterday was by far the best day of fishing I have ever experienced! Started off on the Wilson at the guide shop hole, fished for about an hour and a half with nothing but near frostbite on my fingers. Decided to go check out the logger bridge on the Kilches and that is where things took a turn.
Fished for about an hour, bobber and jig, then bobber down! Whatever it was it was big, we all think it was a nook since it dove to the bottom but it would race upriver then down then back up but no matter what I could not stop it or turn it around and finally it broke my leader. a little while later, bobber down fish on, Super mint brite big ol' hatchery winter about 8-10lbs, my first winter steel!!!! Later another bobber down but it got off after about ten seconds. Later another bobber down, my second witer steel!! Beautiful chrome native carefully released.
To top the story OFF, I always on the way home have to stop at the pullout and at least just look that little stretch right by the Smith/Jones Creek day use area on the Wilson. Stopped, got out and looked and told my buddy that I just had to try a couple casts. I headed down and 3rd cast BAM Nook on! Was not mint bright but it was still chromy and about 12 lbs!
3 for 5 on 2 rivers it was an EPIC Saturday for me! I have a pic of the winter but not the nook, should have it uploaded tomorrow!

Reactions: Raincatcher
P
PNW Sam
Wow sounds like an amazing day fishing. Very nice job!

Looking forward to the pics!

C
cddunn
Excellent way to spend a day! I just bought a new rod and reel and am gonna start giving float fishing a try. I'm hoping my hands will stay warmer too, ha.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Dang!! :shock: Whatta day you had, hope you get more just like it soon. :clap::clap:

E
eugene1
congrats!

Need pix now though...

N
nwkiller
that does sound awesome....can't wait for pics

C_Run
C_Run
Congrats. This answers my question...is it time to start steelhead fishing yet?

M
Marvin's Guide Service
Great day,good job man.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Yep, it's time!!

F
Fish-N-Chips
:clap: Sweet story dude:cool: I love tillamook county just for the reason!!!! You can fish all those systems up and down. Sounds like an epic day for you. glad you had a blast;)

H
Herefishyfishy
My card reader is not working for some reason and I didn't bring the right cable for the camera! I will have the pic up tomorrow, it's killing me I can't wait to put up a pic of my first winter!

H
Herefishyfishy
I can't get my card reader to work and I brought the wrong cable for the camera, AARGH! I will get the pic up today if it kills me!
BTW both fish kept were hens with about 3 lbs of eggs between them, got them curing up in pautzke's fire cure!

M
markasd
Gotta love those days! Kilches is so fun.. between that bridge and the campground is some really really nice water!

H
Herefishyfishy
AARGH! Can't get my card reader to work and I brought the wrong camera cable! Can't wait to get the pic of my 1st winter up, I will make it happen today somehow! Both the keepers were hens, 3 lbs off eggs in the Pautzke's!

J
jabs67
Great story!!!!!

H
Herefishyfishy
Having problems getting the pic up, will have it soon.

W
waco
You killing us dude! I want to see those pics

B
billfisher
Good job, everyone needs a day like that now and then. :clap::dance:

H
Herefishyfishy
Ok, my pic is way to big, any advice on getting it to the right size for here?

H
Herefishyfishy
Think I got it!

Think I got it!

Finally! Here it is my first winter!!! Only took 2 years!!:lol:

• First Winter!.jpg