Dumb n' dumber- pg. 2

troutdude
troutdude
Really, a fly reel on a spin rod??? Can't peeps at least look stuff up, to know what goes with what? DUH.

I guess that's why they call 'em "poles" and not "rods", eh?

D
Drew9870
Lead line? :lol:

Spinning rod - Great for Steelhead :lol:.

F
fishindude
I think that might possibly be a " mooching" reel , they are pretty popular on the Olympic Peninsula . Or it just might be a fly reel. LOL

D
Drew9870
It doesn't look like it has a lever like Penn reels to release line, let alone the handle, but matched on a spinning handle rod, it definitely does look like it, maybe they were mooching for Trout :lol:.

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
well he doesn't even have the reel correct, its a pfluegar medalist. This combo was actually pretty common in the 60's and 70's as a lake trolling rod, the medalist were cheap and had a drag that could be set that would let a fish hit hard and run until the rod could be picked up, they also held a lot of leadcore that could be pulled off the reel with control and not backlash. Ive caught a lot of lakers and loopers on an eagleclaw rod with an olympic fly reel like this set up in the early 80's.... doe's anyone even use leadcore anymore... oh and there would most likely be a carey special or Royal Coachman on the end of these rods line... hmmm leadcore and softhackles... the good ole days-

D
Drew9870
Leadcore never crossed my mind.

But that does make sense.